Breakfast non-links: Sandiest
Yesterday, a giant storm smashed into the mid-Atlantic. Virtually nothing else of note happened.
Metro will reopen at 2 pm today on a Sunday schedule, and will return to normal weekday service tomorrow. There is no timetable about when the New York subway will reopen after facing what its chairman calls the worst disaster in its 108-year history.
Finally, forecasters expect flooding in the Potomac over the next few days as all the water that fell yesterday makes its way downriver.
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- BREAKING: Arlington cancels the Columbia Pike streetcar
- Transit projects are stuck between people who want to spend less money and people who want to spend more
- Is sidewalk cycling really dangerous, or just scary, like a roller coaster?
- The pop-up debate in Lanier Heights pits "property rights" against "neighborhood character"
- DC will force property owners to shovel sidewalks, with higher fines for bigger and commercial buildings
- A bike-ped trail is in the works for New York Ave NE