Breakfast non-links: Sandiest
Yesterday, a giant storm smashed into the mid-Atlantic. Virtually nothing else of note happened.
Metro will reopen at 2 pm today on a Sunday schedule, and will return to normal weekday service tomorrow. There is no timetable about when the New York subway will reopen after facing what its chairman calls the worst disaster in its 108-year history.
Finally, forecasters expect flooding in the Potomac over the next few days as all the water that fell yesterday makes its way downriver.
- 8 lessons about great transit I learned riding the Paris Métro
- After the FBI moves, Pennsylvania Ave could be reborn
- Metro's new displays do a better job of sharing info
- 10 things my internship taught me about transportation in DC
- Lisbon is a rail transit mecca
- National Links: From Florida to California
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 82