Breakfast non-links: Sandiest
Yesterday, a giant storm smashed into the mid-Atlantic. Virtually nothing else of note happened.
Metro will reopen at 2 pm today on a Sunday schedule, and will return to normal weekday service tomorrow. There is no timetable about when the New York subway will reopen after facing what its chairman calls the worst disaster in its 108-year history.
Finally, forecasters expect flooding in the Potomac over the next few days as all the water that fell yesterday makes its way downriver.
- The war on Dana Milbank's car
- Two maps that explain what DC might look like as a state
- Deregulate Uber, but require transparency
- Red paint keeps drivers out of San Francisco's bus lanes
- Computers will start driving Red Line trains again
- This traffic light convinced pedestrians to wait with dancing
- Have you been "walkblocked"? Are you "zonely"? New terms sprout in the urbanist lexicon