Breakfast non-links: Sandiest
Yesterday, a giant storm smashed into the mid-Atlantic. Virtually nothing else of note happened.
Metro will reopen at 2 pm today on a Sunday schedule, and will return to normal weekday service tomorrow. There is no timetable about when the New York subway will reopen after facing what its chairman calls the worst disaster in its 108-year history.
Finally, forecasters expect flooding in the Potomac over the next few days as all the water that fell yesterday makes its way downriver.
- Beyond Metro, there's no big idea for transit in DC anymore
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 52
- Maryland plans new station at BWI, and other projects to run more trains
- Hogan stalls on the Purple Line, calls it too expensive
- To create safer bike routes, Alexandria can learn from other cities
- "Expressing" trains helps Metro recover from delays
- Ask GGW: What's the point of bike sharrows?