Where does the water go?
An awful lot of stormwater just fell on the Washington area. DC Water shared this 2011 video about what happens to a raindrop after it falls in a storm until it gets to a river.
Stormwater has to pass through the Combined Sewer Overflow system, which mixes water and sewage. That is, unless and until DC Water digs new tunnels for stormwater (and, unfortunately, has to spend a very large amount of money to do it).
- What are your predictions for 2015?
- Should Congress be the ones to deliver more and better transportation infrastructure, or should we?
- A runner races the Metro
- "Park-Its" now protect the Pennsylvania Avenue bikeway
- What if Matthew McConaughey made ads for Metro?
- Lost Washington: Good Hope Road’s German orphanage
- Amsterdam plays Spot the Christmas Streetcar