Where does the water go?
An awful lot of stormwater just fell on the Washington area. DC Water shared this 2011 video about what happens to a raindrop after it falls in a storm until it gets to a river.
Stormwater has to pass through the Combined Sewer Overflow system, which mixes water and sewage. That is, unless and until DC Water digs new tunnels for stormwater (and, unfortunately, has to spend a very large amount of money to do it).
- Montgomery County isn't really waging war against suburbia
- Careful jaywalking saves lives
- Chick-fil-A's proposed Van Ness drive-thru is denied
- Make space for bikes on the GW Parkway
- What will become of D Street once the FBI moves?
- College Park is launching a bikeshare system!
- 8 lessons about great transit I learned riding the Paris Métro