Where does the water go?
An awful lot of stormwater just fell on the Washington area. DC Water shared this 2011 video about what happens to a raindrop after it falls in a storm until it gets to a river.
Stormwater has to pass through the Combined Sewer Overflow system, which mixes water and sewage. That is, unless and until DC Water digs new tunnels for stormwater (and, unfortunately, has to spend a very large amount of money to do it).
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 61
- A senseless skirmish in Toronto is a welcome reminder to share street space
- Help us rebrand and relaunch our website with a short survey
- Lousiana Avenue could get a protected bikeway
- Prince George's County could move its government closer to more residents
- What we hope to do on housing
- Denver's beautiful Union Station mixes old and new