Where does the water go?
An awful lot of stormwater just fell on the Washington area. DC Water shared this 2011 video about what happens to a raindrop after it falls in a storm until it gets to a river.
Stormwater has to pass through the Combined Sewer Overflow system, which mixes water and sewage. That is, unless and until DC Water digs new tunnels for stormwater (and, unfortunately, has to spend a very large amount of money to do it).
- Car-free housing could come to historic Blagden Alley
- The neighborhood where everybody "jaywalks"
- All the buildings and races of DC, Arlington & Alexandria on one map
- Bills in the Virginia General Assembly would hurt and help transit and cyclists
- We need Metro, but it drives us crazy, too
- What's the best way to protect a bikeway? How about a bikeshare station?
- Koch-funded groups: Cut all federal funding for walking, biking, transit