Where does the water go?
An awful lot of stormwater just fell on the Washington area. DC Water shared this 2011 video about what happens to a raindrop after it falls in a storm until it gets to a river.
Stormwater has to pass through the Combined Sewer Overflow system, which mixes water and sewage. That is, unless and until DC Water digs new tunnels for stormwater (and, unfortunately, has to spend a very large amount of money to do it).
- Rosslyn's new mini Target fills an urban retail niche
- I'm an employer, and I support DC's family leave bill
- The feds are taking over WMATA safety, which is unprecedented
- Dear leaders, please get Metro on the right course
- Apartments on Pennsylvania Avenue? The FBI building's replacement may be more than offices
- Public officials who communicate their plans, listen to feedback, and then fix errors aren't idiots
- Capital Bikeshare will add 99 DC stations over 3 years. Your neighborhood will probably benefit.