Where does the water go?
An awful lot of stormwater just fell on the Washington area. DC Water shared this 2011 video about what happens to a raindrop after it falls in a storm until it gets to a river.
Stormwater has to pass through the Combined Sewer Overflow system, which mixes water and sewage. That is, unless and until DC Water digs new tunnels for stormwater (and, unfortunately, has to spend a very large amount of money to do it).
- DC is on the verge of ditching a harmful traffic law
- What are your ideas to make Metro greater?
- Express trains wouldn't be of much help to Metro riders
- Ask GGWash: Why did the Cleveland Park Metro station flood?
- ❤ Georgia Avenue's new red-surface bus lanes
- A big development in Woodley Park may spark DC's next housing battle
- Capital Bikeshare members ride here, bike lanes or not