Where does the water go?
An awful lot of stormwater just fell on the Washington area. DC Water shared this 2011 video about what happens to a raindrop after it falls in a storm until it gets to a river.
Stormwater has to pass through the Combined Sewer Overflow system, which mixes water and sewage. That is, unless and until DC Water digs new tunnels for stormwater (and, unfortunately, has to spend a very large amount of money to do it).
- WhichWMATA week 19: On vacation
- Baltimore plans to replace beach volleyball with a parking garage
- This could have been the Silver Spring Transit Center
- Michelle Rhee takes a break from education reform
- Could rooftop apartments transform suburban retail?
- A cycletrack appears in Pentagon City
- A former trolley line could become a walking and biking trail from the Palisades to Georgetown