Where does the water go?
An awful lot of stormwater just fell on the Washington area. DC Water shared this 2011 video about what happens to a raindrop after it falls in a storm until it gets to a river.
Stormwater has to pass through the Combined Sewer Overflow system, which mixes water and sewage. That is, unless and until DC Water digs new tunnels for stormwater (and, unfortunately, has to spend a very large amount of money to do it).
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- Congress gives itself more free parking than its own rules allow
- Montgomery throws more money at unneeded parking
- "Road Code" bill will make Montgomery County's urban streets more ped and bike friendly
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 30
- To a pedestrian, a road's a tiny space with danger just beside
- ART keeps graduating to bigger and bigger buses