Everyone mixed on Pennsylvania Ave. a century ago
Before cities engineered their roads and traffic patterns for the cars, many modes mixed together.
Ghosts of DC got a hold of a video of Pennsylvania Avenue in 1909, showing horses, bikes, pedestrians, automobiles, and streetcars all chaotically, but successfully, interacting.
- No bike racks? Just park it in the car lane
- This federal building is missing a corner. Here's why
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 21
- Could traffic changes produce a new village square?
- The biggest bikeshare station in each US city
- Why build protected bike lanes, in one happy quote
- How did Silver Spring get its boundaries? And how would you define them?