Everyone mixed on Pennsylvania Ave. a century ago
Before cities engineered their roads and traffic patterns for the cars, many modes mixed together.
Ghosts of DC got a hold of a video of Pennsylvania Avenue in 1909, showing horses, bikes, pedestrians, automobiles, and streetcars all chaotically, but successfully, interacting.
- After more crashes, DDOT pledges to remove Arkansas Avenue's rush hour lane
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- Not just a phase: Young Americans won’t start motoring like their parents
- Sharrows tell drivers to share the road with cyclists, except when that road is a state highway
- Norfolk's light rail choice: Embrace the city, or follow the highway?
- Is Sheridan Station a sign of change east of the river, or more of the same?
- Many Silver Line riders make a long trek from Metro's eastern branches