Everyone mixed on Pennsylvania Ave. a century ago
Before cities engineered their roads and traffic patterns for the cars, many modes mixed together.
Ghosts of DC got a hold of a video of Pennsylvania Avenue in 1909, showing horses, bikes, pedestrians, automobiles, and streetcars all chaotically, but successfully, interacting.
- Here's how DCís inclusionary zoning program works
- Some Metro trains are running more slowly than usual these days. Here's why.
- Copenhagen proves bikes can work in the suburbs
- Van Ness residents say their neighborhood isn't safe for walking
- Hey look, that flawed Texas A&M traffic study is back and grabbing the usual headlines
- Businesses no longer want office parks, and that can mean more revenue for cities
- The Silver Spring Transit Center will open soon. Here's how everything fits together.