Everyone mixed on Pennsylvania Ave. a century ago
Before cities engineered their roads and traffic patterns for the cars, many modes mixed together.
Ghosts of DC got a hold of a video of Pennsylvania Avenue in 1909, showing horses, bikes, pedestrians, automobiles, and streetcars all chaotically, but successfully, interacting.
- After the FBI moves, Pennsylvania Ave could be reborn
- 8 lessons about great transit I learned riding the Paris Métro
- Metro's new displays do a better job of sharing info
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 82
- Lisbon is a rail transit mecca
- 10 things my internship taught me about transportation in DC
- DC has few "parking craters" downtown. Here's why.