Everyone mixed on Pennsylvania Ave. a century ago
Before cities engineered their roads and traffic patterns for the cars, many modes mixed together.
Ghosts of DC got a hold of a video of Pennsylvania Avenue in 1909, showing horses, bikes, pedestrians, automobiles, and streetcars all chaotically, but successfully, interacting.
- Hogan will build the Purple Line, not the Red Line
- By 2019 it will have taken 34 years to build the Silver Line
- The five most frustrating things about Metro's problems
- Residents push for stop signs, not a wider road, at one Petworth intersection
- Can a park bridging the Anacostia bring investment without displacing residents?
- MARC fares may go up more than they have to
- Silver Spring is a more complete place thanks to its new library