Everyone mixed on Pennsylvania Ave. a century ago
Before cities engineered their roads and traffic patterns for the cars, many modes mixed together.
Ghosts of DC got a hold of a video of Pennsylvania Avenue in 1909, showing horses, bikes, pedestrians, automobiles, and streetcars all chaotically, but successfully, interacting.
- Computers will start driving Red Line trains again
- Muriel Bowser calls for "Vision Zero," more equity, Metro investment, and new task forces for transportation
- Two maps that explain what DC might look like as a state
- The war on Dana Milbank's car
- Deregulate Uber, but require transparency
- Red paint keeps drivers out of San Francisco's bus lanes
- This traffic light convinced pedestrians to wait with dancing