Everyone mixed on Pennsylvania Ave. a century ago
Before cities engineered their roads and traffic patterns for the cars, many modes mixed together.
Ghosts of DC got a hold of a video of Pennsylvania Avenue in 1909, showing horses, bikes, pedestrians, automobiles, and streetcars all chaotically, but successfully, interacting.
- Zoning: The hidden trillion dollar tax
- The Obama administration says zoning is at the heart of some huge economic problems
- Adams Morgan could get more housing and preserve its plaza, too. But it probably won't.
- Scarred by urban renewal, Silver Spring's Lyttonsville neighborhood gets a second chance
- As DC has grown, so has its racial prosperity gap
- Pedestrian tunnels would not make DC's streets better for walking
- 8 ways to make it easier to walk around North Bethesda... or anywhere, really