Everyone mixed on Pennsylvania Ave. a century ago
Before cities engineered their roads and traffic patterns for the cars, many modes mixed together.
Ghosts of DC got a hold of a video of Pennsylvania Avenue in 1909, showing horses, bikes, pedestrians, automobiles, and streetcars all chaotically, but successfully, interacting.
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 71
- Rosslyn's new mini Target fills an urban retail niche
- Fairfax City will install its first bike lane
- Digital billboards are a sign of Silver Spring's evolution
- Ask GGW: How do Arlington and Alexandria differ?
- I'm an employer, and I support DC's family leave bill
- The feds are taking over WMATA safety, which is unprecedented