Post-turkey video: That's a lot of dots
Using GTFS data, STLTransit has created videos showing all of the transit vehicles in a city over one day. Here's Washington's.
The video shows one dot for each schduled Metrorail, Metrobus and Circulator vehicle. View the video in full screen (click the rectangular icon in the lower right of the video) to more clearly see the trains, which the video shows in a color corresponding to their line.
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- DC added record housing in 2015. That's slowing down price increases.
- Nobody cleared the Mount Vernon Trail after Snowzilla. Future storms might be different.
- Baltimore's problem is sprawl, not a bad economy
- Use this map to share your ideas for better east-west travel across DC
- If students were cars, schools would have opened sooner
- DC is testing a way to curb stormwater pollution
- There's a "Washington" neighborhood in Milan, Italy