Post-turkey video: Dumb ways to die
This Australian video, which has gone viral worldwide, features a catchy tune and an amusing set of things not to do which can kill you. Get to the end and it takes on a decidedly transit-oriented bent.
As you discover, this is actually a PSA by Melbourne's Metro transit agency to convince people not to stand too close to train platforms or try to drive or walk across tracks.
Can you imagine a US transit agency, even one of the most clever like LA Metro, doing this? Wouldn't it be great if our US Metro agencies could be so clever?
- The war on Dana Milbank's car
- Two maps that explain what DC might look like as a state
- David Catania's platform supports Metro, streetcars, bus lanes, bike lanes, transit-oriented development, and more
- Have you been "walkblocked"? Are you "zonely"? New terms sprout in the urbanist lexicon
- 88% of new DC households are car-free
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 23
- Gehry trims Eisenhower Memorial tapestries