Post-turkey video: Dumb ways to die
This Australian video, which has gone viral worldwide, features a catchy tune and an amusing set of things not to do which can kill you. Get to the end and it takes on a decidedly transit-oriented bent.
As you discover, this is actually a PSA by Melbourne's Metro transit agency to convince people not to stand too close to train platforms or try to drive or walk across tracks.
Can you imagine a US transit agency, even one of the most clever like LA Metro, doing this? Wouldn't it be great if our US Metro agencies could be so clever?
- How might the new Metro loop work?
- Want the urban lifestyle? DC's best corner is...
- More roads won't solve traffic on I-95 in Northern Virginia
- Can Metro add capacity without a downtown loop?
- See what Montgomery BRT could look like
- Can we build up around MARC stations?
- What's the oldest continuously named street in DC?