Breakfast links: Push back
Councilmembers hate taxi colors: Several DC councilmembers hate the proposed taxi designs and say they just meant for a single color. They may pass legislation to stop the current process. (Post)
Juvenile arguments on policy: Courtland Milloy has a point that the Ivy City bus yard was unfair, but claims it's part of The Plan. He insists the city cares more about bike lanes than job training because a 12 year old says so. (Post)
What's endangered: The DC Preservation League's list of "most endangered places" include the Ivy City Crummell School, cemeteries and more.
Amtrak returns to Norfolk: For the first time since 1977, Amtrak will serve Norfolk. Today, it becomes the southernmost stop on the Northeast Corridor. (Virginian-Pilot)
Walter Reed intersection keeps expanding: Maryland has received $18.3 million in federal funds to further expand the intersection of Connecticut Ave and Jones Bridge Road near Walter Reed through 2016. (Post)
Pro-pot lawyer seeks council seat: Paul Zukerberg, a lawyer specializing in defending marijuana possession cases, will contest the at-large special election this April. Zukerberg supports marijuana decriminalization, as does Marion Barry. (Post)
Fine camera operators for errors?: Jon Cardin wants traffic camera operators to pay a $1,000 fine for each erroneous ticket they write. There had been reports of a few malfunctioning cameras in Baltimore. (DC's process is different, with police directly involved in approving every ticket. (Baltimore Sun)
And...: With the Pennsylvania Ave cycle track rebuilt, MPD will enforce the no U-turn law. (WABA) ... Like real-world lanes, Lego roads have gotten wider over 4 decades. (brooklynspoke) ... NPS will scrub the MLK misquote from his memorial. (Examiner)Have a tip for the links? Submit it here.
- Proponents of term limits in Montgomery hope they'd mean more Republicans and less development. Both are unlikely.
- We know where most of DC's population lives. Does Metro run through those places?
- Prince George's County leaders join the chorus to keep late-night rail service
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 93
- Term limits are a terrible idea for Montgomery County
- A record number of people petitioned for a dog park at the Takoma Rec Center, but it's still not happening
- If car commercials were honest, this is what they'd look like