Tregoning, Sebastian, Alpert talk bike/ped issues live
I'm on a panel at this morning's Washington Post "Conquering the Commute" symposium to talk about how people get around on foot and by bike, along with DC planning director Harriet Tregoning and chief DDOT bike planner Jim Sebastian.
You can watch the panel live here:
Immediately afterward, Stewart Schwartz from the Coalition for Smarter Growth, the most influential smart growth group in the Washington region and a small charity I hope you will support financially, will debate lifelong Outer Beltway booster Bob Chase on a panel with Transportation Planning Board head Ron Kirby. It should be exciting so stick around!
After the event, I will replace this live stream with embedded videos as soon as the Post gets them up.
- Hogan stalls on the Purple Line, calls it too expensive
- Fairfax is getting 22 new bike lanes in 2015
- Ask GGW: What's the point of bike sharrows?
- CaBi's phone app could enlist riders to rebalance bikes
- Federal review pushes the Kennedy Center's new buildings to dry land
- The guy who invented the mall hated cars
- Mary Cheh's annual joke budget memo mocks the streetcar, endless transportation studies, and more