Tregoning, Sebastian, Alpert talk bike/ped issues live
I'm on a panel at this morning's Washington Post "Conquering the Commute" symposium to talk about how people get around on foot and by bike, along with DC planning director Harriet Tregoning and chief DDOT bike planner Jim Sebastian.
You can watch the panel live here:
Immediately afterward, Stewart Schwartz from the Coalition for Smarter Growth, the most influential smart growth group in the Washington region and a small charity I hope you will support financially, will debate lifelong Outer Beltway booster Bob Chase on a panel with Transportation Planning Board head Ron Kirby. It should be exciting so stick around!
After the event, I will replace this live stream with embedded videos as soon as the Post gets them up.
- Here's how DCís inclusionary zoning program works
- Some Metro trains are running more slowly than usual these days. Here's why.
- Copenhagen proves bikes can work in the suburbs
- Van Ness residents say their neighborhood isn't safe for walking
- Hey look, that flawed Texas A&M traffic study is back and grabbing the usual headlines
- Businesses no longer want office parks, and that can mean more revenue for cities
- The Silver Spring Transit Center will open soon. Here's how everything fits together.