Where are people riding CaBi?
MV Jantzen has created another one of his interactive visualization tools, this time for Capital Bikeshare's public trip data. The tool lets you see where people ride to and from a particular station:
The tool looks at the trips in the third quarter of 2012. Click on any station to see what other stations people ride to and from, as lines of varying thickness. Click on any line to see how many trips there were between that pair of stations, and how "unbalanced" the trips are (whether the number of trips in one direction is close to that in the other, or if one direction dominates).
This isn't Jantzen's first interactive tool. He made one earlier this year for Metro ridership patterns. Around the same time, graduate student Rahul Nair made a tool for CaBi that has a lot in common with Jantzen's new one.
What do you notice with the tool?
- Metro bag searches aren't always optional
- Young kids try to assault me while biking
- Redeveloping McMillan is the only way to save it
- Endless zoning update delay hurts homeowners
- Vienna Metro town center won't have a town center
- DDOT agrees to repave 15th Street cycle track
- Residents organize for positive change in Bluemont