Who's blocking the L Street bike lane today?
Ever since the L Street bike lane opened (and while DDOT was building it), for-hire sedans, delivery trucks, and other vehicles have consistently parked in the lane, despite signs, bollards, and new loading zones across the street or around the corner to serve buildings' loading needs.
Jay Corbalis created a Tumblr, Who's Blocking the L St. Bike Lane Today? to collect photographs of these scofflaws. This is a great way to raise consciousness of how often it's happening.
If you ride down the lane and encounter a blocker, take a picture of your own! You can submit them directly to be included on the site.
- What if Montgomery County gave BRT a temporary test run?
- The Northeast Corridor carries more rail passengers than anywhere else in the country. What could it look like in 2040?
- 9 things people always say at zoning hearings, illustrated by cats
- The National Zoo has clarified its safety concerns. Turns out you're the problem.
- Twenty-five gorgeous but non-famous US train stations
- Montgomery will go ahead with BRT, but at what cost?
- Zig zag road stripes can get drivers to pay more attention