Who's blocking the L Street bike lane today?
Ever since the L Street bike lane opened (and while DDOT was building it), for-hire sedans, delivery trucks, and other vehicles have consistently parked in the lane, despite signs, bollards, and new loading zones across the street or around the corner to serve buildings' loading needs.
Jay Corbalis created a Tumblr, Who's Blocking the L St. Bike Lane Today? to collect photographs of these scofflaws. This is a great way to raise consciousness of how often it's happening.
If you ride down the lane and encounter a blocker, take a picture of your own! You can submit them directly to be included on the site.
- Is a gondola across the Potomac realistic? We're about to find out.
- What's wrong with this map of DC's social services?
- Not everyone agrees on where DC's Chinatown is
- Trump claims to want to save our cities, but his and his party's policies would do the opposite
- In 1979, was your neighborhood "sound" or "distressed"?
- The peculiar fight over density at the Bethesda Metro
- If Metrobus asked me to redesign its info brochures, I'd make them look like this