Who's blocking the L Street bike lane today?
Ever since the L Street bike lane opened (and while DDOT was building it), for-hire sedans, delivery trucks, and other vehicles have consistently parked in the lane, despite signs, bollards, and new loading zones across the street or around the corner to serve buildings' loading needs.
Jay Corbalis created a Tumblr, Who's Blocking the L St. Bike Lane Today? to collect photographs of these scofflaws. This is a great way to raise consciousness of how often it's happening.
If you ride down the lane and encounter a blocker, take a picture of your own! You can submit them directly to be included on the site.
- Cities Skylines takes over SimCity's mantle as top city-builder
- Tax benefit changes and better options are hurting transit ridership
- A bikeable suburban highway? One Ohio town pulled it off
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 44
- Here's where Metro railcars go after they die
- WMATA needs to do better, says DC transportation head
- Check out these historic airline maps of Washington's airports