Who's blocking the L Street bike lane today?
Ever since the L Street bike lane opened (and while DDOT was building it), for-hire sedans, delivery trucks, and other vehicles have consistently parked in the lane, despite signs, bollards, and new loading zones across the street or around the corner to serve buildings' loading needs.
Jay Corbalis created a Tumblr, Who's Blocking the L St. Bike Lane Today? to collect photographs of these scofflaws. This is a great way to raise consciousness of how often it's happening.
If you ride down the lane and encounter a blocker, take a picture of your own! You can submit them directly to be included on the site.
- Let's stand by the Silver Line
- DC Council postpones fixing an injustice to pedestrians and cyclists because Kenyan McDuffie's dog ate his homework
- What if Metro had stopped building in 1986?
- Nobody wants these school buses in their backyard. But moving them is worth it.
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 86
- Near National airport, the Mount Vernon Trail is new again
- N Street NW has new bike lanes