Who's blocking the L Street bike lane today?
Ever since the L Street bike lane opened (and while DDOT was building it), for-hire sedans, delivery trucks, and other vehicles have consistently parked in the lane, despite signs, bollards, and new loading zones across the street or around the corner to serve buildings' loading needs.
Jay Corbalis created a Tumblr, Who's Blocking the L St. Bike Lane Today? to collect photographs of these scofflaws. This is a great way to raise consciousness of how often it's happening.
If you ride down the lane and encounter a blocker, take a picture of your own! You can submit them directly to be included on the site.
- Rosslyn's new mini Target fills an urban retail niche
- I'm an employer, and I support DC's family leave bill
- The feds are taking over WMATA safety, which is unprecedented
- Public officials who communicate their plans, listen to feedback, and then fix errors aren't idiots
- Dear leaders, please get Metro on the right course
- Apartments on Pennsylvania Avenue? The FBI building's replacement may be more than offices
- The Mount Vernon Trail is getting some TLC near National airport