Who's blocking the L Street bike lane today?
Ever since the L Street bike lane opened (and while DDOT was building it), for-hire sedans, delivery trucks, and other vehicles have consistently parked in the lane, despite signs, bollards, and new loading zones across the street or around the corner to serve buildings' loading needs.
Jay Corbalis created a Tumblr, Who's Blocking the L St. Bike Lane Today? to collect photographs of these scofflaws. This is a great way to raise consciousness of how often it's happening.
If you ride down the lane and encounter a blocker, take a picture of your own! You can submit them directly to be included on the site.
- Hey look, that flawed Texas A&M traffic study is back and grabbing the usual headlines
- The lion's share of DC's new housing is only going in one part of the city
- A protected bikeway will soon come to C Street NE
- The Silver Spring Transit Center will open soon. Here's how everything fits together.
- The Silver Line has been bringing Metro’s performance numbers down
- Here are the answers to whichWMATA week 65
- Some are questioning whether all students should be on a college prep track