Who's blocking the L Street bike lane today?
Ever since the L Street bike lane opened (and while DDOT was building it), for-hire sedans, delivery trucks, and other vehicles have consistently parked in the lane, despite signs, bollards, and new loading zones across the street or around the corner to serve buildings' loading needs.
Jay Corbalis created a Tumblr, Who's Blocking the L St. Bike Lane Today? to collect photographs of these scofflaws. This is a great way to raise consciousness of how often it's happening.
If you ride down the lane and encounter a blocker, take a picture of your own! You can submit them directly to be included on the site.
- WhichWMATA week 19: On vacation
- Baltimore plans to replace beach volleyball with a parking garage
- Protected bike lanes could fit in DC's traffic circles; here's how
- Michelle Rhee takes a break from education reform
- This could have been the Silver Spring Transit Center
- A cycletrack appears in Pentagon City
- Does education reform have to be impersonal?