Who's blocking the L Street bike lane today?
Ever since the L Street bike lane opened (and while DDOT was building it), for-hire sedans, delivery trucks, and other vehicles have consistently parked in the lane, despite signs, bollards, and new loading zones across the street or around the corner to serve buildings' loading needs.
Jay Corbalis created a Tumblr, Who's Blocking the L St. Bike Lane Today? to collect photographs of these scofflaws. This is a great way to raise consciousness of how often it's happening.
If you ride down the lane and encounter a blocker, take a picture of your own! You can submit them directly to be included on the site.
- Not just a phase: Young Americans won’t start motoring like their parents
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- Sharrows tell drivers to share the road with cyclists, except when that road is a state highway
- After more crashes, DDOT pledges to remove Arkansas Avenue's rush hour lane
- Many Silver Line riders make a long trek from Metro's eastern branches
- Is Sheridan Station a sign of change east of the river, or more of the same?
- Architects try to spruce up NoMA's underpasses