Who's blocking the L Street bike lane today?
Ever since the L Street bike lane opened (and while DDOT was building it), for-hire sedans, delivery trucks, and other vehicles have consistently parked in the lane, despite signs, bollards, and new loading zones across the street or around the corner to serve buildings' loading needs.
Jay Corbalis created a Tumblr, Who's Blocking the L St. Bike Lane Today? to collect photographs of these scofflaws. This is a great way to raise consciousness of how often it's happening.
If you ride down the lane and encounter a blocker, take a picture of your own! You can submit them directly to be included on the site.
- Car-free housing could come to historic Blagden Alley
- Accounting for population, the world map looks totally different
- Bus stops around DC are getting real-time arrival displays
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 36
- Events roundup: Changes are coming
- BREAKING: Hogan gives the Purple and Baltimore Red lines a momentary reprieve
- Mercedes imagines passengers in driverless cars never interacting with the world outside