Washingtonian features Greater Greater Washington
The Washingtonian's "Blogger Beat" interviewed me about how we can make Greater Washington greater. Here are a few the topics we covered; check out the article for the more detailed responses.
Three reasons Washington is great: Walkable neighborhoods (and not just in DC), Metro, and resident engagement in local government.
Three ways it could be greater: More transit, more affordable housing, and transportation departments that aren't beholden to vehicular "level of service."
How would you fix Washington's traffic congestion problem? Priority bus corridors (in the short run).
Local leader you most wish you could fire: VDOT head Pierce Homer.
Purple Line or Silver Line? Both!
- How did Silver Spring get its boundaries? And how would you define them?
- Reassign students before improving school quality, not the other way around
- Alexandria's Metroway BRT: Open and carrying passengers
- Ask GGW: Why do some stations have side platforms?
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 20
- Why build protected bike lanes, in one happy quote
- Anxious about the new school boundaries? Here are some things to consider.