Washingtonian features Greater Greater Washington
The Washingtonian's "Blogger Beat" interviewed me about how we can make Greater Washington greater. Here are a few the topics we covered; check out the article for the more detailed responses.
Three reasons Washington is great: Walkable neighborhoods (and not just in DC), Metro, and resident engagement in local government.
Three ways it could be greater: More transit, more affordable housing, and transportation departments that aren't beholden to vehicular "level of service."
How would you fix Washington's traffic congestion problem? Priority bus corridors (in the short run).
Local leader you most wish you could fire: VDOT head Pierce Homer.
Purple Line or Silver Line? Both!
- I'm an employer, and I support DC's family leave bill
- Five bus lines everyone in DC should know, love, and use
- This building is way too short
- Capital Bikeshare will add 99 DC stations over 3 years. Your neighborhood will probably benefit.
- Dear leaders, please get Metro on the right course
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 70
- Apartments on Pennsylvania Avenue? The FBI building's replacement may be more than offices