Washingtonian features Greater Greater Washington
The Washingtonian's "Blogger Beat" interviewed me about how we can make Greater Washington greater. Here are a few the topics we covered; check out the article for the more detailed responses.
Three reasons Washington is great: Walkable neighborhoods (and not just in DC), Metro, and resident engagement in local government.
Three ways it could be greater: More transit, more affordable housing, and transportation departments that aren't beholden to vehicular "level of service."
How would you fix Washington's traffic congestion problem? Priority bus corridors (in the short run).
Local leader you most wish you could fire: VDOT head Pierce Homer.
Purple Line or Silver Line? Both!
- David Catania's platform supports Metro, streetcars, bus lanes, bike lanes, transit-oriented development, and more
- 88% of new DC households are car-free
- When temporary becomes permanent: Why reopening the SE Freeway is risky
- Gehry trims Eisenhower Memorial tapestries
- WMATA truck parks on the sidewalk, crashes into a light pole
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 23
- Carol Schwartz bids to become the education mayor