Mapping underwater mortgages shows shocking divide
The Washington Post created this astounding map of the places where the greatest percentage of mortgages are "underwater," or owe more than the home's current value.
The Post's article, which talks about how home prices have risen, says:
Many of the homeowners with mortgages higher than their home's value were clustered in the eastern parts of the District and in Prince George's County.This makes it clear that the economic recovery is not hitting all areas or all people equally. We need more jobs east of the river and in Prince George's County, especially at Metro stations, to help our economic success benefit all.
- Vision Zero won't be easy
- For DC Council: Elissa Silverman and Robert White
- The Purple Line will likely beat ridership forecasts
- First flowerpots, and now, a cycletrack
- Ask GGW: How much pain will riders face while Metro replaces the Bethesda escalators?
- In Maryland and Virginia, vote to build transit
- Flowerpots create a safer pedestrian crossing from Gallaudet to Union Market