Mapping underwater mortgages shows shocking divide
The Washington Post created this astounding map of the places where the greatest percentage of mortgages are "underwater," or owe more than the home's current value.
The Post's article, which talks about how home prices have risen, says:
Many of the homeowners with mortgages higher than their home's value were clustered in the eastern parts of the District and in Prince George's County.This makes it clear that the economic recovery is not hitting all areas or all people equally. We need more jobs east of the river and in Prince George's County, especially at Metro stations, to help our economic success benefit all.
- No bike racks? Just park it in the car lane
- How did Silver Spring get its boundaries? And how would you define them?
- This federal building is missing a corner. Here's why
- Reassign students before improving school quality, not the other way around
- The biggest bikeshare station in each US city
- Why build protected bike lanes, in one happy quote
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 20
Wed Sep 3
12:00 pm DC PLUG proposal webinar
Sat Sep 6
(All day) CSG tour: Tysons-
Tue Sep 9
7:30 pm ACT meeting
Wed Sep 10
6:00 pm GGW Happy hour
6:00 pm CSG tour: Dunbar HS