Mapping underwater mortgages shows shocking divide
The Washington Post created this astounding map of the places where the greatest percentage of mortgages are "underwater," or owe more than the home's current value.
The Post's article, which talks about how home prices have risen, says:
Many of the homeowners with mortgages higher than their home's value were clustered in the eastern parts of the District and in Prince George's County.This makes it clear that the economic recovery is not hitting all areas or all people equally. We need more jobs east of the river and in Prince George's County, especially at Metro stations, to help our economic success benefit all.
- 2.5 minutes of extra walking is not nothing
- I can take the bus from my neighborhood to just about anywhere in DC
- Sidewalk snow shoveling hall of shame: "DC government is the worst offender" (and Arlington too)
- DC like Amsterdam? We can only hope
- Shovel your sidewalks!
- Media reports downplay the dangers of driving while sensationalizing everything else
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 40