Let's Choose DC posts candidate answers on crime
This week, Let's Choose DC—
We asked the candidates:
Chief Lanier and Mayor Gray have made a lot of the drop in homicides, but other crimes—Read and vote on candidate responses here. Let's Choose DC gives you one candidate response at a time, selected randomly. Your vote will count toward the results once you vote on 5 responses.
assaults, robberies— remain stubbornly high. How should DC police deal with those challenges, and do you have an opinion on how many officers MPD needs?
We posed the question on January 8 to all of the candidates who had taken out petitions by that point. Nine candidates replied: Diallo Brooks, AJ Cooper, Matt Frumin, Jon Gann, Patrick Mara, Pedro Rubio, John Settles, Elissa Silverman, and Paul Zukerberg.
Voting on the first question, about candidates' vision for the future, has ended; we will tally the results and post them later this week.
- Cities Skylines takes over SimCity's mantle as top city-builder
- Tax benefit changes and better options are hurting transit ridership
- A bikeable suburban highway? One Ohio town pulled it off
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 44
- Here's where Metro railcars go after they die
- WMATA needs to do better, says DC transportation head
- Check out these historic airline maps of Washington's airports