Let's Choose DC posts candidate answers on crime
This week, Let's Choose DC—
We asked the candidates:
Chief Lanier and Mayor Gray have made a lot of the drop in homicides, but other crimes—Read and vote on candidate responses here. Let's Choose DC gives you one candidate response at a time, selected randomly. Your vote will count toward the results once you vote on 5 responses.
assaults, robberies— remain stubbornly high. How should DC police deal with those challenges, and do you have an opinion on how many officers MPD needs?
We posed the question on January 8 to all of the candidates who had taken out petitions by that point. Nine candidates replied: Diallo Brooks, AJ Cooper, Matt Frumin, Jon Gann, Patrick Mara, Pedro Rubio, John Settles, Elissa Silverman, and Paul Zukerberg.
Voting on the first question, about candidates' vision for the future, has ended; we will tally the results and post them later this week.
- Metro floats cutting service for the Green, Yellow, Orange, and Silver Lines
- The Baltimore Red Line does need a tunnel, despite its cost
- The five most frustrating things about Metro's problems
- By 2019 it will have taken 34 years to build the Silver Line
- Hogan will build the Purple Line, not the Red Line
- The Met Branch Trail could get brighter, safer, and easier to get to
- Forest Glen residents and a state delegate want a MARC station in Forest Glen