Let's Choose DC posts candidate answers on crime
This week, Let's Choose DC—
We asked the candidates:
Chief Lanier and Mayor Gray have made a lot of the drop in homicides, but other crimes—Read and vote on candidate responses here. Let's Choose DC gives you one candidate response at a time, selected randomly. Your vote will count toward the results once you vote on 5 responses.
assaults, robberies— remain stubbornly high. How should DC police deal with those challenges, and do you have an opinion on how many officers MPD needs?
We posed the question on January 8 to all of the candidates who had taken out petitions by that point. Nine candidates replied: Diallo Brooks, AJ Cooper, Matt Frumin, Jon Gann, Patrick Mara, Pedro Rubio, John Settles, Elissa Silverman, and Paul Zukerberg.
Voting on the first question, about candidates' vision for the future, has ended; we will tally the results and post them later this week.
- Proponents of term limits in Montgomery hope they'd mean more Republicans and less development. Both are unlikely.
- We're building apartments to be far smaller than we used to
- We know where most of DC's population lives. Does Metro run through those places?
- Why is there no Metro line on Columbia Pike?
- Prince George's County leaders join the chorus to keep late-night rail service
- A record number of people petitioned for a dog park at the Takoma Rec Center, but it's still not happening
- The shutdown is coming! The shutdown is coming! (On the Red Line)