Let's Choose DC posts candidate answers on crime
This week, Let's Choose DC
We asked the candidates:
Chief Lanier and Mayor Gray have made a lot of the drop in homicides, but other crimesRead and vote on candidate responses here. Let's Choose DC gives you one candidate response at a time, selected randomly. Your vote will count toward the results once you vote on 5 responses.
— assaults, robberies — remain stubbornly high. How should DC police deal with those challenges, and do you have an opinion on how many officers MPD needs?
We posed the question on January 8 to all of the candidates who had taken out petitions by that point. Nine candidates replied: Diallo Brooks, AJ Cooper, Matt Frumin, Jon Gann, Patrick Mara, Pedro Rubio, John Settles, Elissa Silverman, and Paul Zukerberg.
Voting on the first question, about candidates' vision for the future, has ended; we will tally the results and post them later this week.
- BREAKING: Hogan gives the Purple and Baltimore Red lines a momentary reprieve
- Ask GGW: Is there any reason not to have a sidewalk?
- Bus stops around DC are getting real-time arrival displays
- Mercedes imagines passengers in driverless cars never interacting with the world outside
- Awaiting a decision, activists rally for the Purple Line
- A green wave gives cyclists a stop-free trip
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 35