Inaugural open threadGreater Greater Washington will be off today. For those of you attending the inauguration, please enjoy the day, and discuss your experiences, favorite moments, or any problems in the comments. For those of you working, feel free to discuss other topics on your mind. We will be back tomorrow.
- John Oliver explained DC statehood and it was brilliant
- Why isn't College Park a better college town?
- A senseless skirmish in Toronto is a welcome reminder to share street space
- Metro plans 20 Red Line trains per hour in rush, but really averages more like 17
- In Silver Spring, cutting travel lanes doesn't make traffic backups worse
- Making the Anacostia a place to have fun goes hand in hand with cleaning it up
- The voice on Chicago's trains has a little fun with riders