Amtrak stations mapped by ridership
It's common knowledge that the Northeast Corridor is Amtrak's best line, but the northeast is not the only place in the US where a lot of people ride intercity trains. This map by Michael Hicks shows that California, the area around Chicago, and the Pacific Northwest also stand out.
In the map, each circle represents one Amtrak station. The larger the circle, the more riders there are at that station.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Rent in our region is expensive. Does that mean it's unaffordable?
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 91
- The Obama administration says zoning is at the heart of some huge economic problems
- Adams Morgan could get more housing and preserve its plaza, too. But it probably won't.
- On Thursday, the WMATA board heard about why Metro keeps catching on fire. Then on Friday, Metro caught on fire.
- How Barcelona gets bicycling right
- Until someone cleans up this landfill, people are taking a shortcut. Can we make the shortcut better?