Amtrak stations mapped by ridership
It's common knowledge that the Northeast Corridor is Amtrak's best line, but the northeast is not the only place in the US where a lot of people ride intercity trains. This map by Michael Hicks shows that California, the area around Chicago, and the Pacific Northwest also stand out.
In the map, each circle represents one Amtrak station. The larger the circle, the more riders there are at that station.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- I don't care what some people say: DC has great transportation options.
- The biggest beneficiaries of housing subsidies? The wealthy.
- Metro badly needs culture change, everyone agrees. Can it pull it off?
- How five local businesspeople would tackle gentrification on 14th Street
- Clearly we need to have more happy hours in Prince George's
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 90
- Compass rose decals? More direct priority seating signs? Here are two more MetroGreater finalists.