Amtrak stations mapped by ridership
It's common knowledge that the Northeast Corridor is Amtrak's best line, but the northeast is not the only place in the US where a lot of people ride intercity trains. This map by Michael Hicks shows that California, the area around Chicago, and the Pacific Northwest also stand out.
In the map, each circle represents one Amtrak station. The larger the circle, the more riders there are at that station.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Car-free housing could come to historic Blagden Alley
- Accounting for population, the world map looks totally different
- Bus stops around DC are getting real-time arrival displays
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 36
- BREAKING: Hogan gives the Purple and Baltimore Red lines a momentary reprieve
- Mercedes imagines passengers in driverless cars never interacting with the world outside
- Ottawa has a four mile ice skating highway