Amtrak stations mapped by ridership
It's common knowledge that the Northeast Corridor is Amtrak's best line, but the northeast is not the only place in the US where a lot of people ride intercity trains. This map by Michael Hicks shows that California, the area around Chicago, and the Pacific Northwest also stand out.
In the map, each circle represents one Amtrak station. The larger the circle, the more riders there are at that station.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Let's stand by the Silver Line
- Near National airport, the Mount Vernon Trail is new again
- A big development in Woodley Park may spark DC's next housing battle
- DC is on the verge of ditching a harmful traffic law
- What are your ideas to make Metro greater?
- Ask GGWash: Why did the Cleveland Park Metro station flood?
- Capital Bikeshare members ride here, bike lanes or not