Amtrak stations mapped by ridership
It's common knowledge that the Northeast Corridor is Amtrak's best line, but the northeast is not the only place in the US where a lot of people ride intercity trains. This map by Michael Hicks shows that California, the area around Chicago, and the Pacific Northwest also stand out.
In the map, each circle represents one Amtrak station. The larger the circle, the more riders there are at that station.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- I'm an employer, and I support DC's family leave bill
- Five bus lines everyone in DC should know, love, and use
- Capital Bikeshare will add 99 DC stations over 3 years. Your neighborhood will probably benefit.
- Apartments on Pennsylvania Avenue? The FBI building's replacement may be more than offices
- Dear leaders, please get Metro on the right course
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 70
- This building is way too short