Oops, and a weekend open thread
A post accidentally went live this morning which was supposed to run Tuesday at the author's request. We have deleted it and rescheduled it for Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Greater Greater Washington will also be off this Monday for Presidents' Day. Feel free to use this thread to discuss any interesting news and issues.
This weekend's Washington Post features an op-ed by Harriet Tregoning and Terry Bellamy defending the proposed new, reduced parking minimum requirements, as a rebuttal to last week's Sue Hemberger/Lon Anderson article.
- Upper Northwest hits peak NIMBY about a homeless shelter
- Metro doesn't have four tracks. That's not why maintenance is a problem.
- For DC Council at large: Robert White
- For DC Council in Ward 7: Vince Gray
- If Metro had been more like Southwest Airlines, it'd have saved a lot of headaches
- DC's population is exploding
- For Arlington County Board: Erik Gutshall