Oops, and a weekend open thread
A post accidentally went live this morning which was supposed to run Tuesday at the author's request. We have deleted it and rescheduled it for Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Greater Greater Washington will also be off this Monday for Presidents' Day. Feel free to use this thread to discuss any interesting news and issues.
This weekend's Washington Post features an op-ed by Harriet Tregoning and Terry Bellamy defending the proposed new, reduced parking minimum requirements, as a rebuttal to last week's Sue Hemberger/Lon Anderson article.
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- Transit projects are stuck between people who want to spend less money and people who want to spend more
- BREAKING: Arlington cancels the Columbia Pike streetcar
- The pop-up debate in Lanier Heights pits "property rights" against "neighborhood character"
- Is sidewalk cycling really dangerous, or just scary, like a roller coaster?
- DC will force property owners to shovel sidewalks, with higher fines for bigger and commercial buildings
- A bike-ped trail is in the works for New York Ave NE