Oops, and a weekend open thread
A post accidentally went live this morning which was supposed to run Tuesday at the author's request. We have deleted it and rescheduled it for Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Greater Greater Washington will also be off this Monday for Presidents' Day. Feel free to use this thread to discuss any interesting news and issues.
This weekend's Washington Post features an op-ed by Harriet Tregoning and Terry Bellamy defending the proposed new, reduced parking minimum requirements, as a rebuttal to last week's Sue Hemberger/Lon Anderson article.
- John Oliver explained DC statehood and it was brilliant
- Building the Edinburgh streetcar wasn't easy, but a lot of people ride it now
- Why isn't College Park a better college town?
- What other college towns can teach us about College Park's challenges
- Metro plans 20 Red Line trains per hour in rush, but really averages more like 17
- In Silver Spring, cutting travel lanes doesn't make traffic backups worse
- A senseless skirmish in Toronto is a welcome reminder to share street space