Oops, and a weekend open thread
A post accidentally went live this morning which was supposed to run Tuesday at the author's request. We have deleted it and rescheduled it for Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Greater Greater Washington will also be off this Monday for Presidents' Day. Feel free to use this thread to discuss any interesting news and issues.
This weekend's Washington Post features an op-ed by Harriet Tregoning and Terry Bellamy defending the proposed new, reduced parking minimum requirements, as a rebuttal to last week's Sue Hemberger/Lon Anderson article.
- Beyond Metro, there's no big idea for transit in DC anymore
- Canceling the Purple Line would cost more than it would save
- Incomes are rising in the District, but not for people born here
- Maryland plans new station at BWI, and other projects to run more trains
- DC has an awesome city flag. Here’s why that matters
- Coast Guard employees are using the Anacostia Metro station in a weird way
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 52