Oops, and a weekend open thread
A post accidentally went live this morning which was supposed to run Tuesday at the author's request. We have deleted it and rescheduled it for Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Greater Greater Washington will also be off this Monday for Presidents' Day. Feel free to use this thread to discuss any interesting news and issues.
This weekend's Washington Post features an op-ed by Harriet Tregoning and Terry Bellamy defending the proposed new, reduced parking minimum requirements, as a rebuttal to last week's Sue Hemberger/Lon Anderson article.
- Make space for bikes on the GW Parkway
- Fifteen big shutdowns, and many smaller ones, will get Metro repairs on track
- Going Dutch: Planners from the Netherlands make suggestions for bike lanes in DC
- Montgomery County isn't really waging war against suburbia
- Careful jaywalking saves lives
- Metro's track work schedule dug the system into a hole
- Chick-fil-A's proposed Van Ness drive-thru is denied