Oops, and a weekend open thread
A post accidentally went live this morning which was supposed to run Tuesday at the author's request. We have deleted it and rescheduled it for Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Greater Greater Washington will also be off this Monday for Presidents' Day. Feel free to use this thread to discuss any interesting news and issues.
This weekend's Washington Post features an op-ed by Harriet Tregoning and Terry Bellamy defending the proposed new, reduced parking minimum requirements, as a rebuttal to last week's Sue Hemberger/Lon Anderson article.
- Not just a phase: Young Americans won’t start motoring like their parents
- Many Silver Line riders make a long trek from Metro's eastern branches
- Sharrows tell drivers to share the road with cyclists, except when that road is a state highway
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- Architects try to spruce up NoMA's underpasses
- Intelsat building gets a greener, but not more urban front
- Where DC area bike fatalities happen, in one map... and what's the real "intersection of doom"