Breakfast links: Stay safe
Dangerous intersections: DDOT has released its list of the most crash-prone intersections for bikes and pedestrians. 14th and U NW was the most dangerous for bikes, and Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue and Howard Road SE saw the most crashes involving pedestrians. (DCist)
Bad scheduling kills door bill: Virginia's dooring bill failed in committee possibly thanks to the fact that a third of the committee did not vote. 4 likely yes votes from Northern Virginia were at other committee meetings. (Post)
Communication breakdown: Metro officials admitted that miscommunication played a role in making it harder to help passengers stranded on a Green Line train late last month. (Post)
Don't play favorites: Some other county officials are not happy about what they think is WMATA favoring Prince George's County in the bidding for the new FBI headquarters. (Post)
A very particular set of skills: Do you have the skills it takes to ride Metrorail and Metrobus? DCist has a list of abilities to speed your commute, like being able to quickly add money to your SmarTrip card and knowing where the station exit is.
Don't dis Anacostia: Nikki Peele has responds to everyone who tweets derogatory, and often ignorant, things about Anacostia or "southeast DC." (CHOTR, Terry Scott)
And...: Mayor Gray wants to increase DCPS and charter funding by 2%. (Examiner) ... Scaffolding will go up around the Washington Monument as early as next week. (DCist) ... Think you know DC's neighborhoods? Try this game. (Click that 'Hood)Have a tip for the links? Submit it here.
- Federal board wants "dignified," dull Southwest Waterfront
- Fairfax's answer to neighbors' transit plans: Light rail, streetcars, and BRT
- The DC zoning update has already had triple the public input as the enormous 1958 zoning code. Enough is enough.
- Fruit stands abound within Paris Métro
- Downtown DC could have been more like L'Enfant Plaza
- MARC's chief engineer wants to allow bikes on some weekend trains
- Can you guess the Metro stations in this week's pictures?
Wed Apr 23
Thu Apr 24
Fri Apr 25
Sat Apr 26
10:00 am CSG tour: Historic Shaw
Tue Apr 29