Breakfast links: Stay safe
Dangerous intersections: DDOT has released its list of the most crash-prone intersections for bikes and pedestrians. 14th and U NW was the most dangerous for bikes, and Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue and Howard Road SE saw the most crashes involving pedestrians. (DCist)
Bad scheduling kills door bill: Virginia's dooring bill failed in committee possibly thanks to the fact that a third of the committee did not vote. 4 likely yes votes from Northern Virginia were at other committee meetings. (Post)
Communication breakdown: Metro officials admitted that miscommunication played a role in making it harder to help passengers stranded on a Green Line train late last month. (Post)
Don't play favorites: Some other county officials are not happy about what they think is WMATA favoring Prince George's County in the bidding for the new FBI headquarters. (Post)
A very particular set of skills: Do you have the skills it takes to ride Metrorail and Metrobus? DCist has a list of abilities to speed your commute, like being able to quickly add money to your SmarTrip card and knowing where the station exit is.
Don't dis Anacostia: Nikki Peele has responds to everyone who tweets derogatory, and often ignorant, things about Anacostia or "southeast DC." (CHOTR, Terry Scott)
And...: Mayor Gray wants to increase DCPS and charter funding by 2%. (Examiner) ... Scaffolding will go up around the Washington Monument as early as next week. (DCist) ... Think you know DC's neighborhoods? Try this game. (Click that 'Hood)Have a tip for the links? Submit it here.
- Baltimore's car-stuffed waterfront is poised to keep adding more cars
- How well do you know Metro? Can you guess the station?
- Top 6 reasons a parking garage near 14th and U is a bad idea
- Three ways to build in Forest Glen without creating more traffic
- Another way to see the US: Map of where nobody lives
- Curb-protected cycletracks are now appearing in DC
- The Park Service wants to fix a dangerous spot near Roosevelt Island
Fri Apr 18
Mon Apr 21
Tue Apr 22
Wed Apr 23
Thu Apr 24