Live chat about DC's height limit
The National Capital Planning Commission has invited experts on building height from European capital cities to come to Washington for a forum about our height limit. I'm moderating a chat with two of them today.
Update: The archived video is now available here and embedded below.
Robert Tavernor is Emeritus Professor of Architecture and Urban Design at the London School of Economics, and was previously professor of architecture at Edinburgh and Bath. He has been involved in the planning for several key London development sites.
You can tweet questions using the hashtag #HeighteneDConversations.
Our chat leads into NCPC's panel discussion tonight from 7-9 with these two gentlemen and a few others from elsewhere in Europe.-->
- Make space for bikes on the GW Parkway
- Montgomery County isn't really waging war against suburbia
- Going Dutch: Planners from the Netherlands make suggestions for bike lanes in DC
- Careful jaywalking saves lives
- Chick-fil-A's proposed Van Ness drive-thru is denied
- Metro's track work schedule dug the system into a hole
- What will become of D Street once the FBI moves?