A Greater Greater birthday celebration
Over 100 friends, readers, and contributors turned out to the Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company last night to celebrate Greater Greater Washington's 5th birthday.
Thank you to DC Mayor Vincent Gray, DC Councilmembers Jack Evans, Mary Cheh, and Tommy Wells, Arlington Board member Chris Zimmerman, and everyone else who made it to the celebration!
Many contributors, commenters, and readers joined us for fun conversation, drinks, and cake, including many longtime members of our community and a number of new ones, including contributors for our new Greater Greater Education site.
Councilmember Jack Evans brought a resolution declaring March 5, 2013 "Greater Greater Washington Day."
You can see more images from last night on this Flickr set. If you were at the party, did you snap a few pictures? Please take a moment to share them in the Greater and Lesser Washington Flickr pool for everyone to enjoy!
- A trade pact might change local land use decisions in a big way
- Map: When and where Metrorail fares come from
- Montgomery backtracks on a sprawl-inducing highway
- Metro's 7000 series cars carry their first passengers, in pictures
- Why did the pedestrian bridge collapse affect Metro so far away from Greenbelt?
- The Silver Line might change how you bus to Wolf Trap
- Jobs are clustering in parts of the region, but the east is falling behind