Another great Capital Bikeshare visualization
Starting at 12:06, Greater Greater Washington contributor Veronica Davis, WABA head Shane Farthing, and Arlington bike planner Chris Eatough will talk about bicycling in DC on the Kojo Nnamdi Show. Listen live or catch the archived audio once it's posted this afternoon.
They also posted this video which visualizes a few days of Capital Bikeshare trips:
This is yet another consequence of Capital Bikeshare's excellent decision to provide anonymous trip data. People have done all kinds of useful things with the data, like MV Jantzen's similar video and interactive visualization tool.
- Fairfax's answer to neighbors' transit plans: Light rail, streetcars, and BRT
- Today's problems were visible decades ago, but zoning has blocked solutions ever since
- Montgomery County added 100,000 residents since 2002, but driving didn't increase
- The DC zoning update has already had triple the public input as the enormous 1958 zoning code. Enough is enough.
- MARC's chief engineer wants to allow bikes on some weekend trains
- Federal board wants "dignified," dull Southwest Waterfront
- Downtown DC could have been more like L'Enfant Plaza