Delegate Frick sees issue on GGW, writes letter to NPS
Maryland Delegate Bill Frick (D-Montgomery) read last week's Breakfast Links, which included an item from Mount Pleasant ANC Commissioner Jack McKay. Currently, the Park Service opens the road at 7 pm. During Daylight Saving Time, it's still light out. That means cars start zooming through the park while pedestrians and cyclists are still in the midst of enjoying the road. McKay recommended keeping Rock Creek's Beach Drive closed to weekend traffic at least until dark.
That made sense to Frick. He wrote a letter to the Superintendent of Rock Creek Park, asking NPS to follow McKay's suggestion. Yesterday, he forwarded it along, writing, "We have sent this letter to the Park Service, picking up on Mr. McKay's comments as read on GGW." We'll see if NPS takes the suggestion.
- Rent in our region is expensive. Does that mean it's unaffordable?
- In San Diego, an example of how "within walking distance" does not always mean "walkable"
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 91
- The Obama administration says zoning is at the heart of some huge economic problems
- This square in Philadelphia is everything DC's Franklin Square could be
- How Barcelona gets bicycling right
- On Thursday, the WMATA board heard about why Metro keeps catching on fire. Then on Friday, Metro caught on fire.