Delegate Frick sees issue on GGW, writes letter to NPS
Maryland Delegate Bill Frick (D-Montgomery) read last week's Breakfast Links, which included an item from Mount Pleasant ANC Commissioner Jack McKay. Currently, the Park Service opens the road at 7 pm. During Daylight Saving Time, it's still light out. That means cars start zooming through the park while pedestrians and cyclists are still in the midst of enjoying the road. McKay recommended keeping Rock Creek's Beach Drive closed to weekend traffic at least until dark.
That made sense to Frick. He wrote a letter to the Superintendent of Rock Creek Park, asking NPS to follow McKay's suggestion. Yesterday, he forwarded it along, writing, "We have sent this letter to the Park Service, picking up on Mr. McKay's comments as read on GGW." We'll see if NPS takes the suggestion.
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- I-66 widening will happen soon whether it makes sense or not
- Modern Washingtonians have a mandate to remember black Georgetown
- More than 20% of people bicycle to work in some DC neighborhoods
- How the Navy, baseball, and government planners made Capitol Riverfront one of DC's hottest neighborhoods
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 77
- Muriel Bowser announces eight sites for homeless shelters
- DC once had its own Arc de Triomphe