Delegate Frick sees issue on GGW, writes letter to NPS
Maryland Delegate Bill Frick (D-Montgomery) read last week's Breakfast Links, which included an item from Mount Pleasant ANC Commissioner Jack McKay. Currently, the Park Service opens the road at 7 pm. During Daylight Saving Time, it's still light out. That means cars start zooming through the park while pedestrians and cyclists are still in the midst of enjoying the road. McKay recommended keeping Rock Creek's Beach Drive closed to weekend traffic at least until dark.
That made sense to Frick. He wrote a letter to the Superintendent of Rock Creek Park, asking NPS to follow McKay's suggestion. Yesterday, he forwarded it along, writing, "We have sent this letter to the Park Service, picking up on Mr. McKay's comments as read on GGW." We'll see if NPS takes the suggestion.
- No bike racks? Just park it in the car lane
- This federal building is missing a corner. Here's why
- Could traffic changes produce a new village square?
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 21
- The biggest bikeshare station in each US city
- How did Silver Spring get its boundaries? And how would you define them?
- Reassign students before improving school quality, not the other way around