Delegate Frick sees issue on GGW, writes letter to NPS
Maryland Delegate Bill Frick (D-Montgomery) read last week's Breakfast Links, which included an item from Mount Pleasant ANC Commissioner Jack McKay. Currently, the Park Service opens the road at 7 pm. During Daylight Saving Time, it's still light out. That means cars start zooming through the park while pedestrians and cyclists are still in the midst of enjoying the road. McKay recommended keeping Rock Creek's Beach Drive closed to weekend traffic at least until dark.
That made sense to Frick. He wrote a letter to the Superintendent of Rock Creek Park, asking NPS to follow McKay's suggestion. Yesterday, he forwarded it along, writing, "We have sent this letter to the Park Service, picking up on Mr. McKay's comments as read on GGW." We'll see if NPS takes the suggestion.
- I'm an employer, and I support DC's family leave bill
- Five bus lines everyone in DC should know, love, and use
- This building is way too short
- Capital Bikeshare will add 99 DC stations over 3 years. Your neighborhood will probably benefit.
- Dear leaders, please get Metro on the right course
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 70
- Apartments on Pennsylvania Avenue? The FBI building's replacement may be more than offices