Delegate Frick sees issue on GGW, writes letter to NPS
Maryland Delegate Bill Frick (D-Montgomery) read last week's Breakfast Links, which included an item from Mount Pleasant ANC Commissioner Jack McKay. Currently, the Park Service opens the road at 7 pm. During Daylight Saving Time, it's still light out. That means cars start zooming through the park while pedestrians and cyclists are still in the midst of enjoying the road. McKay recommended keeping Rock Creek's Beach Drive closed to weekend traffic at least until dark.
That made sense to Frick. He wrote a letter to the Superintendent of Rock Creek Park, asking NPS to follow McKay's suggestion. Yesterday, he forwarded it along, writing, "We have sent this letter to the Park Service, picking up on Mr. McKay's comments as read on GGW." We'll see if NPS takes the suggestion.
- "No way." "Absolutely not." Residents react to the Secret Service's idea to restrict more area around the White House
- Computers will start driving Red Line trains again
- DC sells valuable land, but loses interest in using it to create affordable housing
- Muriel Bowser calls for "Vision Zero," more equity, Metro investment, and new task forces for transportation
- The Circulator could go more places and be more frequent
- Bowser remains vague on education plans, but clearly hopes Henderson will stay
- Deregulate Uber, but require transparency