DC has a Unicorn Lane, complete with unicorn statue
Everyone knows about the dignified statues in places like Logan Circle and Lafayette Square, but do you know about Unicorn Lane? It's in Upper Northwest, along Oregon Avenue, just west of Rock Creek Park (map).
Now if only we had a Hippogriff Street.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- DC added record housing in 2015. That's slowing down price increases.
- Nobody cleared the Mount Vernon Trail after Snowzilla. Future storms might be different.
- Baltimore's problem is sprawl, not a bad economy
- Use this map to share your ideas for better east-west travel across DC
- If students were cars, schools would have opened sooner
- DC is testing a way to curb stormwater pollution
- There's a "Washington" neighborhood in Milan, Italy