Animate Google Street View in "hyperlapse"
New technologies continue to make it possible to see things in creative, new ways. A group of people at Teehan+Lax created a program to allow users to create videos animating Google's Street View. This demo video shows an awesome "hyperlapse" across various settings.
You can make your own videos, too using their software. What areas would you be interested in animating to create an awesome video?
Right now the system doesn't let you link to an animation or export it to video, nor can you select a specific route, but if you could do these things then something like Hyperlapse could be a great way to graphically show people driving, biking, or walking directions, or create video tours, or otherwise show people about places online.
- The Baltimore Red Line does need a tunnel, despite its cost
- How big are Dulles and BWI airports? These maps give you an idea
- Metro floats cutting service for the Green, Yellow, Orange, and Silver Lines
- Fears over parking are threatening a new bus service in Richmond
- We can make our roads a lot more bike-friendly. Here's how
- "Convincing" and "enjoyable" "even with the wonkiness"
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 57