Animate Google Street View in "hyperlapse"
New technologies continue to make it possible to see things in creative, new ways. A group of people at Teehan+Lax created a program to allow users to create videos animating Google's Street View. This demo video shows an awesome "hyperlapse" across various settings.
You can make your own videos, too using their software. What areas would you be interested in animating to create an awesome video?
Right now the system doesn't let you link to an animation or export it to video, nor can you select a specific route, but if you could do these things then something like Hyperlapse could be a great way to graphically show people driving, biking, or walking directions, or create video tours, or otherwise show people about places online.
- How might the new Metro loop work?
- More roads won't solve traffic on I-95 in Northern Virginia
- Want the urban lifestyle? DC's best corner is...
- Can we build up around MARC stations?
- The reason cyclists love green bike lanes
- How does DC's proposed Metro loop compare?
- What's the oldest continuously named street in DC?