Animate Google Street View in "hyperlapse"
New technologies continue to make it possible to see things in creative, new ways. A group of people at Teehan+Lax created a program to allow users to create videos animating Google's Street View. This demo video shows an awesome "hyperlapse" across various settings.
You can make your own videos, too using their software. What areas would you be interested in animating to create an awesome video?
Right now the system doesn't let you link to an animation or export it to video, nor can you select a specific route, but if you could do these things then something like Hyperlapse could be a great way to graphically show people driving, biking, or walking directions, or create video tours, or otherwise show people about places online.
- Zoning: The hidden trillion dollar tax
- The Obama administration says zoning is at the heart of some huge economic problems
- Adams Morgan could get more housing and preserve its plaza, too. But it probably won't.
- Scarred by urban renewal, Silver Spring's Lyttonsville neighborhood gets a second chance
- As DC has grown, so has its racial prosperity gap
- Pedestrian tunnels would not make DC's streets better for walking
- 8 ways to make it easier to walk around North Bethesda... or anywhere, really