Animate Google Street View in "hyperlapse"
New technologies continue to make it possible to see things in creative, new ways. A group of people at Teehan+Lax created a program to allow users to create videos animating Google's Street View. This demo video shows an awesome "hyperlapse" across various settings.
You can make your own videos, too using their software. What areas would you be interested in animating to create an awesome video?
Right now the system doesn't let you link to an animation or export it to video, nor can you select a specific route, but if you could do these things then something like Hyperlapse could be a great way to graphically show people driving, biking, or walking directions, or create video tours, or otherwise show people about places online.
- Adding 15-minute Circulator routes would dilute the Circulator brand
- Fun on Friday: Play the Mini Metro game
- Comparing Metrobus and Metrorail farebox recovery is apples and oranges
- For DC Council in Ward 1: Brianne Nadeau
- Metro FAQ: Why does Metro run express trains in one direction during single-tracking?
- Topic of the week: Walking in unexpected places
- Mayoral challengers criticize the Gray administration's streetcar progress