Animate Google Street View in "hyperlapse"
New technologies continue to make it possible to see things in creative, new ways. A group of people at Teehan+Lax created a program to allow users to create videos animating Google's Street View. This demo video shows an awesome "hyperlapse" across various settings.
You can make your own videos, too using their software. What areas would you be interested in animating to create an awesome video?
Right now the system doesn't let you link to an animation or export it to video, nor can you select a specific route, but if you could do these things then something like Hyperlapse could be a great way to graphically show people driving, biking, or walking directions, or create video tours, or otherwise show people about places online.
- Should Congress be the ones to deliver more and better transportation infrastructure, or should we?
- "Park-Its" now protect the Pennsylvania Avenue bikeway
- New info about who rides a bike in DC will let us make the city even greater for cyclists
- A runner races the Metro
- Amsterdam plays Spot the Christmas Streetcar
- What if Matthew McConaughey made ads for Metro?
- How can we reach out to more communities and people around the region?