Then and Now: Granite and peaches
Then (left): The intersection of Georgia Ave., New Hampshire Ave., and Rock Creek Church Rd., NW, taken sometime prior to July 1994. Engine Company No. 24, located at 3702 Georgia Ave. is prominently pictured.
Now (right), March, 2009: Construction is nearing completion on the Park Place Apartment complex, Metro now stops at the intersection, and the fire station no longer exists. The façade was saved and located around the corner as the new chiller plant for the Metro station. For a brief history on the fire station, see this post.
- Metro maps out loop line between DC and Arlington
- The reason cyclists love green bike lanes
- More roads won't solve traffic on I-95 in Northern Virginia
- Ask Congress to give DC self-rule on building heights
- Alexandria board rejects King Street bike lanes
- It's fine to not build parking at Tysons Metro stations
- DC sports spaces give short shrift to girls