Then and Now: Granite and peaches
Then (left): The intersection of Georgia Ave., New Hampshire Ave., and Rock Creek Church Rd., NW, taken sometime prior to July 1994. Engine Company No. 24, located at 3702 Georgia Ave. is prominently pictured.
Now (right), March, 2009: Construction is nearing completion on the Park Place Apartment complex, Metro now stops at the intersection, and the fire station no longer exists. The façade was saved and located around the corner as the new chiller plant for the Metro station. For a brief history on the fire station, see this post.
- BREAKING: Hogan gives the Purple and Baltimore Red lines a momentary reprieve
- Bus stops around DC are getting real-time arrival displays
- Mercedes imagines passengers in driverless cars never interacting with the world outside
- Ask GGW: Is there any reason not to have a sidewalk?
- Awaiting a decision, activists rally for the Purple Line
- A green wave gives cyclists a stop-free trip
- The Air and Space Museum needs a new skin