Then and Now: Granite and peaches
Then (left): The intersection of Georgia Ave., New Hampshire Ave., and Rock Creek Church Rd., NW, taken sometime prior to July 1994. Engine Company No. 24, located at 3702 Georgia Ave. is prominently pictured.
Now (right), March, 2009: Construction is nearing completion on the Park Place Apartment complex, Metro now stops at the intersection, and the fire station no longer exists. The façade was saved and located around the corner as the new chiller plant for the Metro station. For a brief history on the fire station, see this post.
- In 1968, this brochure is how people learned about Metro
- DC's housing affordability crisis, in 7 charts
- As Silver Spring urbanizes, neighbors disagree on who "belongs" there
- A history of streetcar planning in the District
- It's time we all became mode-positive
- There's plenty of room for safe bike lanes in College Park
- What's behind the budget cuts at Wilson High School