Then and Now: Granite and peaches
Then (left): The intersection of Georgia Ave., New Hampshire Ave., and Rock Creek Church Rd., NW, taken sometime prior to July 1994. Engine Company No. 24, located at 3702 Georgia Ave. is prominently pictured.
Now (right), March, 2009: Construction is nearing completion on the Park Place Apartment complex, Metro now stops at the intersection, and the fire station no longer exists. The façade was saved and located around the corner as the new chiller plant for the Metro station. For a brief history on the fire station, see this post.
- Cyclists are special and do have their own rules
- M Street cycle track keeps improving, draws church anger
- Judge denies injunction against closing schools
- O'Malley announces first projects using new gas tax money
- ICC losing bus service in classic bait and switch
- WMATA launches "Short Trip" rail pass on SmarTrip
- Small changes can make walking to school safer