Then and Now: Granite and peaches
Then (left): The intersection of Georgia Ave., New Hampshire Ave., and Rock Creek Church Rd., NW, taken sometime prior to July 1994. Engine Company No. 24, located at 3702 Georgia Ave. is prominently pictured.
Now (right), March, 2009: Construction is nearing completion on the Park Place Apartment complex, Metro now stops at the intersection, and the fire station no longer exists. The façade was saved and located around the corner as the new chiller plant for the Metro station. For a brief history on the fire station, see this post.
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 61
- Help us rebrand and relaunch our website with a short survey
- Prince George's County could move its government closer to more residents
- Metro's inefficient info displays worsen crowding
- What we hope to do on housing
- Lousiana Avenue could get a protected bikeway
- Empty bikeshare stations don't always mean long waits