Crystal City-Potomac Yard BRT will be "Metro Way"
WMATA has chosen a brand for its upcoming Crystal City Potomac Yard BRT line: Metro Way, featuring a flashy new blue paint scheme.
The BRT line will run south from Pentagon City through Crystal City and then into Alexandria. It will have dedicated lanes, with large rail-like stations. The line will run every 6 minutes during rush hour and every 12-15 minutes at other times.
In a few years it will be upgraded to a streetcar line. But in the meantime, it's the DC region's first bona fide BRT.
WMATA selected the Metro Way brand and livery following a survey this past March that considered several options. The blue livery, although clearly unique, reflects the blue Metro uses for its MetroExtra express buses.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Fairfax's answer to neighbors' transit plans: Light rail, streetcars, and BRT
- The DC zoning update has already had triple the public input as the enormous 1958 zoning code. Enough is enough.
- Federal board wants "dignified," dull Southwest Waterfront
- MARC's chief engineer wants to allow bikes on some weekend trains
- Fruit stands abound within Paris Métro
- Downtown DC could have been more like L'Enfant Plaza
- Can you guess the Metro stations in this week's pictures?