Crystal City-Potomac Yard BRT will be "Metro Way"
WMATA has chosen a brand for its upcoming Crystal City Potomac Yard BRT line: Metro Way, featuring a flashy new blue paint scheme.
The BRT line will run south from Pentagon City through Crystal City and then into Alexandria. It will have dedicated lanes, with large rail-like stations. The line will run every 6 minutes during rush hour and every 12-15 minutes at other times.
In a few years it will be upgraded to a streetcar line. But in the meantime, it's the DC region's first bona fide BRT.
WMATA selected the Metro Way brand and livery following a survey this past March that considered several options. The blue livery, although clearly unique, reflects the blue Metro uses for its MetroExtra express buses.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- WMATA is considering scrapping the Metroway BRT
- Is our next president going to care about transit and street safety?
- Here's why it'd be wrong to shut down Metro east of the Anacostia River
- Metro's plan for late-night bus service isn't much of a plan
- Without more information, riders shouldn't accept Metro late night cuts
- Metro is proposing service cuts, again. Will riders ever see the benefits?
- Marriott is moving its headquarters to downtown Bethesda so it can be in a denser place that's closer to transit