Crystal City-Potomac Yard BRT will be "Metro Way"
WMATA has chosen a brand for its upcoming Crystal City Potomac Yard BRT line: Metro Way, featuring a flashy new blue paint scheme.
The BRT line will run south from Pentagon City through Crystal City and then into Alexandria. It will have dedicated lanes, with large rail-like stations. The line will run every 6 minutes during rush hour and every 12-15 minutes at other times.
In a few years it will be upgraded to a streetcar line. But in the meantime, it's the DC region's first bona fide BRT.
WMATA selected the Metro Way brand and livery following a survey this past March that considered several options. The blue livery, although clearly unique, reflects the blue Metro uses for its MetroExtra express buses.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- The war on Dana Milbank's car
- Two maps that explain what DC might look like as a state
- Deregulate Uber, but require transparency
- Red paint keeps drivers out of San Francisco's bus lanes
- Computers will start driving Red Line trains again
- This traffic light convinced pedestrians to wait with dancing
- Have you been "walkblocked"? Are you "zonely"? New terms sprout in the urbanist lexicon