Then and Now: Esso station in Shaw
Then (left): The Esso station at the northwest corner of Rhode Island Ave. and 6th Street, NW, photographed sometime in the 1920s. (Library of Congress, #npcc 33542)
Now (right): Most of the structure is still there, as are the houses, but the property is fenced and closed. It would be great if the property could be restored.
- Accounting for population, the world map looks totally different
- Bus stops around DC are getting real-time arrival displays
- BREAKING: Hogan gives the Purple and Baltimore Red lines a momentary reprieve
- Mercedes imagines passengers in driverless cars never interacting with the world outside
- Ask GGW: Is there any reason not to have a sidewalk?
- Events roundup: Changes are coming
- Where Maryland's big three transit projects stand in Hogan's budget