Join us for our July happy hour in Silver Spring
For the next installment of Greater Greater Washington's happy hour series, we're heading to Maryland! Join us Monday, July 22 from 6-8pm at Jackie's Sidebar in downtown Silver Spring.
We look forward to getting contributors, editors and readers together for some drinks and lively conversation. Jackie's Sidebar is at 8081 Georgia Avenue at Sligo Avenue in downtown Silver Spring.
The entrance is actually on Sligo, just around the corner. Sidebar is known for its cocktails, but they have a pretty good beer list and awesome snacks, and they're running happy hour specials until 7 pm.
It's a 10-minute walk from the Silver Spring Metro station (Red Line), a major hub for Metrobus and Ride On bus routes throughout Montgomery and Prince George's counties. If you're coming from DC, you can also take the Metrobus 70 to Georgia Avenue and East-West Highway (2 blocks away), the S2 to Georgia and Eastern (4 blocks away) or the 79, S4 and S9 to the Metro station.
We hope to make these happy hours a regular occurrence again. If you'd like to have one in your neck of the woods, let us know in the comments and we'll consider hosting an event there. Hope to see you on the 22nd!
- Are public spaces really public when not everybody can use them?
- Cell service in tunnels, junking old rail cars, getting finances in order. Here's what's in Metro's Back2Good plan.
- If racial inequities didn't exist, DC would look like this...
- The DC reps on the WMATA board might veto late-night closures
- WMATA recommended express bus service along 14th Street NW four years ago. Is it time to make it happen?
- Metro now has an official plan for getting better in 2017. It's called Back2Good.
- More on why buying your first home in the DC region is so hard