Join us for our July happy hour in Silver Spring
For the next installment of Greater Greater Washington's happy hour series, we're heading to Maryland! Join us Monday, July 22 from 6-8pm at Jackie's Sidebar in downtown Silver Spring.
We look forward to getting contributors, editors and readers together for some drinks and lively conversation. Jackie's Sidebar is at 8081 Georgia Avenue at Sligo Avenue in downtown Silver Spring.
The entrance is actually on Sligo, just around the corner. Sidebar is known for its cocktails, but they have a pretty good beer list and awesome snacks, and they're running happy hour specials until 7 pm.
It's a 10-minute walk from the Silver Spring Metro station (Red Line), a major hub for Metrobus and Ride On bus routes throughout Montgomery and Prince George's counties. If you're coming from DC, you can also take the Metrobus 70 to Georgia Avenue and East-West Highway (2 blocks away), the S2 to Georgia and Eastern (4 blocks away) or the 79, S4 and S9 to the Metro station.
We hope to make these happy hours a regular occurrence again. If you'd like to have one in your neck of the woods, let us know in the comments and we'll consider hosting an event there. Hope to see you on the 22nd!
- This building is way too short
- Five bus lines everyone in DC should know, love, and use
- DC Council chairman Phil Mendelson is blocking Mayor Bowser's zoning board nominee
- Petworth residents complained drivers are speeding. DC says it's true, but "acceptable."
- Chicago has examples of a cheap way to bring rail transit to more people: infill stations
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 70
- Here's where a protected bikeway could go on the east side of downtown