Join us for our July happy hour in Silver Spring
For the next installment of Greater Greater Washington's happy hour series, we're heading to Maryland! Join us Monday, July 22 from 6-8pm at Jackie's Sidebar in downtown Silver Spring.
We look forward to getting contributors, editors and readers together for some drinks and lively conversation. Jackie's Sidebar is at 8081 Georgia Avenue at Sligo Avenue in downtown Silver Spring.
The entrance is actually on Sligo, just around the corner. Sidebar is known for its cocktails, but they have a pretty good beer list and awesome snacks, and they're running happy hour specials until 7 pm.
It's a 10-minute walk from the Silver Spring Metro station (Red Line), a major hub for Metrobus and Ride On bus routes throughout Montgomery and Prince George's counties. If you're coming from DC, you can also take the Metrobus 70 to Georgia Avenue and East-West Highway (2 blocks away), the S2 to Georgia and Eastern (4 blocks away) or the 79, S4 and S9 to the Metro station.
We hope to make these happy hours a regular occurrence again. If you'd like to have one in your neck of the woods, let us know in the comments and we'll consider hosting an event there. Hope to see you on the 22nd!
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- I-66 widening will happen soon whether it makes sense or not
- Modern Washingtonians have a mandate to remember black Georgetown
- How the Navy, baseball, and government planners made Capitol Riverfront one of DC's hottest neighborhoods
- More than 20% of people bicycle to work in some DC neighborhoods
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 77
- DC once had its own Arc de Triomphe
- Muriel Bowser announces eight sites for homeless shelters