Top 10 busiest Amtrak routes
Rail use in America continues to climb ever higher. In July, Amtrak posted its busiest ridership month ever. But what are the busiest individual routes?
Let's take a look. Here are the 10 highest ridership Amtrak routes, as of July, 2013:
Number 1: Northeast Regional
July 2013ridership: 687,331
Number 2: Acela Express
July 2013 ridership: 276,477
Number 3: Pacific Surfliner (Southern California)
July 2013 ridership: 271,517
Number 4: Capitol Corridor (Northern California)
July 2013 ridership: 140,533
Number 5: Keystone Service (NY to Harrisburg, PA)
July 2013 ridership: 123,874
Number 6: San Joaquin (Central California)
July 2013 ridership: 117,348
Number 7: Empire Service (Upstate New York)
July 2013 ridership: 99,801
Number 8: Cascades (Pacific Northwest)
July 2013 ridership: 85,565
Number 9: Hiawatha (Chicago to Milwaukee)
July 2013 ridership: 79,423
Number 10: Lincoln Service (Chicago to Saint Louis)
July 2013 ridership: 66,461
Correction: An earlier version of this story listed ridership data as being for the full fiscal 2013 year. Data is for July 2013 only.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Metro maps out loop line between DC and Arlington
- Ask Congress to give DC self-rule on building heights
- It's fine to not build parking at Tysons Metro stations
- Alexandria board rejects King Street bike lanes
- DC sports spaces give short shrift to girls
- Sexist Metro ad asks "Can't we just talk about shoes?"
- Downtown & Georgia Avenue Walmarts open for business