In 4 years, ride Amtrak to Roanoke
The plan is simply to extend the highly successful Lynchburg train a few miles further southwest. But since Roanoke hasn't had rail service in decades, it will take 3-4 years to get everything ready.
Even if progress is slow, it's exciting to see American intercity rail become popular again.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Why the left is wrong about affordable housing
- Why the right is wrong about affordable housing
- Expand a highway to get a sidewalk? How about just build the sidewalk.
- What makes a city attractive? Here's how to know for sure
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 41
- Terrorism fear takes over security at the Library of Congress
- Ask GGW: What are the best urban planning and policy books?