In 4 years, ride Amtrak to Roanoke
The plan is simply to extend the highly successful Lynchburg train a few miles further southwest. But since Roanoke hasn't had rail service in decades, it will take 3-4 years to get everything ready.
Even if progress is slow, it's exciting to see American intercity rail become popular again.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- David Catania's platform supports Metro, streetcars, bus lanes, bike lanes, transit-oriented development, and more
- 88% of new DC households are car-free
- When temporary becomes permanent: Why reopening the SE Freeway is risky
- Gehry trims Eisenhower Memorial tapestries
- WMATA truck parks on the sidewalk, crashes into a light pole
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 23
- Carol Schwartz bids to become the education mayor