In 4 years, ride Amtrak to Roanoke
The plan is simply to extend the highly successful Lynchburg train a few miles further southwest. But since Roanoke hasn't had rail service in decades, it will take 3-4 years to get everything ready.
Even if progress is slow, it's exciting to see American intercity rail become popular again.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Upper Northwest hits peak NIMBY about a homeless shelter
- For DC Council in Ward 7: Vince Gray
- For DC Council at large: Robert White
- DC's population is exploding
- For Arlington County Board: Erik Gutshall
- If Metro had been more like Southwest Airlines, it'd have saved a lot of headaches
- Instead of buses that drive over traffic jams, let's just not have traffic jams