In 4 years, ride Amtrak to Roanoke
The plan is simply to extend the highly successful Lynchburg train a few miles further southwest. But since Roanoke hasn't had rail service in decades, it will take 3-4 years to get everything ready.
Even if progress is slow, it's exciting to see American intercity rail become popular again.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- More roads won't solve traffic on I-95 in Northern Virginia
- Metro maps out loop line between DC and Arlington
- The reason cyclists love green bike lanes
- How does DC's proposed Metro loop compare?
- Can motorcycles fit in an urban context?
- Alexandria board rejects King Street bike lanes
- Ask Congress to give DC self-rule on building heights