In 4 years, ride Amtrak to Roanoke
The plan is simply to extend the highly successful Lynchburg train a few miles further southwest. But since Roanoke hasn't had rail service in decades, it will take 3-4 years to get everything ready.
Even if progress is slow, it's exciting to see American intercity rail become popular again.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Montgomery County isn't really waging war against suburbia
- Careful jaywalking saves lives
- Chick-fil-A's proposed Van Ness drive-thru is denied
- What will become of D Street once the FBI moves?
- College Park is launching a bikeshare system!
- 8 lessons about great transit I learned riding the Paris Métro
- Make space for bikes on the GW Parkway