In 4 years, ride Amtrak to Roanoke
The plan is simply to extend the highly successful Lynchburg train a few miles further southwest. But since Roanoke hasn't had rail service in decades, it will take 3-4 years to get everything ready.
Even if progress is slow, it's exciting to see American intercity rail become popular again.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Hogan will build the Purple Line, not the Red Line
- By 2019 it will have taken 34 years to build the Silver Line
- The five most frustrating things about Metro's problems
- Residents push for stop signs, not a wider road, at one Petworth intersection
- Can a park bridging the Anacostia bring investment without displacing residents?
- MARC fares may go up more than they have to
- Silver Spring is a more complete place thanks to its new library