In 4 years, ride Amtrak to Roanoke
The plan is simply to extend the highly successful Lynchburg train a few miles further southwest. But since Roanoke hasn't had rail service in decades, it will take 3-4 years to get everything ready.
Even if progress is slow, it's exciting to see American intercity rail become popular again.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- No bike racks? Just park it in the car lane
- This federal building is missing a corner. Here's why
- The biggest bikeshare station in each US city
- Could traffic changes produce a new village square?
- How did Silver Spring get its boundaries? And how would you define them?
- Reassign students before improving school quality, not the other way around
- Why build protected bike lanes, in one happy quote