In 4 years, ride Amtrak to Roanoke
The plan is simply to extend the highly successful Lynchburg train a few miles further southwest. But since Roanoke hasn't had rail service in decades, it will take 3-4 years to get everything ready.
Even if progress is slow, it's exciting to see American intercity rail become popular again.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- John Oliver explained DC statehood and it was brilliant
- Why isn't College Park a better college town?
- A senseless skirmish in Toronto is a welcome reminder to share street space
- In Silver Spring, cutting travel lanes doesn't make traffic backups worse
- Metro plans 20 Red Line trains per hour in rush, but really averages more like 17
- Denver's beautiful Union Station mixes old and new
- Making the Anacostia a place to have fun goes hand in hand with cleaning it up