In 4 years, ride Amtrak to Roanoke
The plan is simply to extend the highly successful Lynchburg train a few miles further southwest. But since Roanoke hasn't had rail service in decades, it will take 3-4 years to get everything ready.
Even if progress is slow, it's exciting to see American intercity rail become popular again.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- This building is way too short
- Five bus lines everyone in DC should know, love, and use
- Capital Bikeshare will add 99 DC stations over 3 years. Your neighborhood will probably benefit.
- DC Council chairman Phil Mendelson is blocking Mayor Bowser's zoning board nominee
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 70
- Dear leaders, please get Metro on the right course
- Chicago has examples of a cheap way to bring rail transit to more people: infill stations