What if the new Metro map were to scale?
Graphic designer Peter Dovak has created a geographically accurate version of the new Metro map that WMATA released last week.
Peter's map matches WMATA's style as closely as possible, except it's to scale. It looks stunningly like it could be an actual WMATA-produced map.
While this map is wonderful and fun, it also strongly illustrates why Metro opts for a more abstract official design. There's so much empty white space in the suburbs, and the core is so cluttered, that a less accurate diagram is easier for riders to read.
See more at Peter's website.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- We know where most of DC's population lives. Does Metro run through those places?
- Proponents of term limits in Montgomery hope they'd mean more Republicans and less development. Both are unlikely.
- Term limits are a terrible idea for Montgomery County
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 93
- WMATA is considering scrapping the Metroway BRT
- If car commercials were honest, this is what they'd look like
- Our endorsements for ANC in Ward 6