Join us for happy hour in Arlington
For the next installment of Greater Greater Washington's happy hour series, we're heading to Virginia! Join us next Tuesday, October 1 from 6-9pm at Fire Works Pizza in Arlington's Courthouse neighborhood.
We look forward to getting contributors, editors, and readers together for some drinks and lively conversation. Fire Works is at 2350 Clarendon Boulevard at North Adams Street in Arlington, just two blocks from the Court House Metro station (Orange Line).
We'll be on their heated patio with a fire pit, in case it gets a little chilly. Fire Works is known for its pizza, but there's also a respectable beer list with a handful of local breweries on it.
If you'd like to avoid the notorious Orange Crush, you can also reach Fire Works from the Metrobus 38B (Farragut Square-Ballston) and a variety of ART routes. The nearest Capital Bikeshare stations are at the Court House Metro station and at Wilson Boulevard and North Barton Street, two blocks away.
These happy hours are a regular occurrence, moving to a different (Metro-accessible) part of the region each month. Since June, we've been to downtown DC and Silver Spring. In the future, we'd like to hold meetups along the Green Line in DC, in Prince George's County, and in Alexandria, among other places. If you'd like to have one in your neck of the woods, let us know in the comments and we'll consider hosting an event there.
- Some Metro trains are running more slowly than usual these days. Here's why.
- Here's how DCís inclusionary zoning program works
- Copenhagen proves bikes can work in the suburbs
- Van Ness residents say their neighborhood isn't safe for walking
- Businesses no longer want office parks, and that can mean more revenue for cities
- Hey look, that flawed Texas A&M traffic study is back and grabbing the usual headlines
- The Silver Spring Transit Center will open soon. Here's how everything fits together.