Join us for happy hour in Arlington
For the next installment of Greater Greater Washington's happy hour series, we're heading to Virginia! Join us next Tuesday, October 1 from 6-9pm at Fire Works Pizza in Arlington's Courthouse neighborhood.
We look forward to getting contributors, editors, and readers together for some drinks and lively conversation. Fire Works is at 2350 Clarendon Boulevard at North Adams Street in Arlington, just two blocks from the Court House Metro station (Orange Line).
We'll be on their heated patio with a fire pit, in case it gets a little chilly. Fire Works is known for its pizza, but there's also a respectable beer list with a handful of local breweries on it.
If you'd like to avoid the notorious Orange Crush, you can also reach Fire Works from the Metrobus 38B (Farragut Square-Ballston) and a variety of ART routes. The nearest Capital Bikeshare stations are at the Court House Metro station and at Wilson Boulevard and North Barton Street, two blocks away.
These happy hours are a regular occurrence, moving to a different (Metro-accessible) part of the region each month. Since June, we've been to downtown DC and Silver Spring. In the future, we'd like to hold meetups along the Green Line in DC, in Prince George's County, and in Alexandria, among other places. If you'd like to have one in your neck of the woods, let us know in the comments and we'll consider hosting an event there.
- BREAKING: Hogan gives the Purple and Baltimore Red lines a momentary reprieve
- Bus stops around DC are getting real-time arrival displays
- Mercedes imagines passengers in driverless cars never interacting with the world outside
- Ask GGW: Is there any reason not to have a sidewalk?
- Awaiting a decision, activists rally for the Purple Line
- A green wave gives cyclists a stop-free trip
- The Air and Space Museum needs a new skin