Then and Now: Minute Service Station No. 2
Then (left): Circa 1923, the new gasoline and accessories station at the intersection of Georgia and Kansas Avenues and Upshur Street, NW. The station is flanked on the east by Georgia Avenue, on the west by Kansas Avenue and north by Upshur Street, making it one of the most accessible filling stations in DC. In the center of the large triangular tract is an attractive building of stucco and brick with tiled roof and canopies extending over the wide driveways. This photo also appeared on Shorpy.
- Young kids try to assault me while biking
- Metro bag searches aren't always optional
- Focus transportation on downtown or neighborhoods?
- Endless zoning update delay hurts homeowners
- Redeveloping McMillan is the only way to save it
- DDOT agrees to repave 15th Street cycle track
- Vienna Metro town center won't have a town center