First streetcar wires go up on H Street
As of this morning, the first streetcar wires are up on H Street.
DDOT began stringing head span wires this morning around 7:00 am. Head span wires run perpendicular to the tracks. They're different than the contact wires, which run parallel to the tracks and directly power trains. The contact wires will go up next, in the coming weeks.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- The 7000s will change the Metro fleet. Here's how.
- Some Metro trains are running more slowly than usual these days. Here's why.
- Here's how DCís inclusionary zoning program works
- Van Ness residents say their neighborhood isn't safe for walking
- Copenhagen proves bikes can work in the suburbs
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 66
- Businesses no longer want office parks, and that can mean more revenue for cities