First streetcar wires go up on H Street
As of this morning, the first streetcar wires are up on H Street.
DDOT began stringing head span wires this morning around 7:00 am. Head span wires run perpendicular to the tracks. They're different than the contact wires, which run parallel to the tracks and directly power trains. The contact wires will go up next, in the coming weeks.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- The Baltimore Red Line does need a tunnel, despite its cost
- How big are Dulles and BWI airports? These maps give you an idea
- We can make our roads a lot more bike-friendly. Here's how
- Fears over parking are threatening a new bus service in Richmond
- Metro floats cutting service for the Green, Yellow, Orange, and Silver Lines
- "Convincing" and "enjoyable" "even with the wonkiness"
- Check out "Where's that Bikeshare?" a whichWMATA spin-off