First streetcar wires go up on H Street
As of this morning, the first streetcar wires are up on H Street.
DDOT began stringing head span wires this morning around 7:00 am. Head span wires run perpendicular to the tracks. They're different than the contact wires, which run parallel to the tracks and directly power trains. The contact wires will go up next, in the coming weeks.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 71
- Rosslyn's new mini Target fills an urban retail niche
- Fairfax City will install its first bike lane
- Digital billboards are a sign of Silver Spring's evolution
- I'm an employer, and I support DC's family leave bill
- The feds are taking over WMATA safety, which is unprecedented
- Ask GGW: How do Arlington and Alexandria differ?