Downtown & Georgia Avenue Walmarts open for business
Walmart's foray into urban format stores officially begins today, with stores on H Street and Georgia Avenue opening for business. The H Street store marks the first time in 18 years DC has had two downtown department stores.
I stopped by the downtown store and snapped a few pictures.
Up on the store level, it looks like any other Walmart. Perhaps with slightly narrower aisles.
Outside, smaller stores will line H Street. A Starbucks and a Capital One bank branch will be first.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- I-66 widening will happen soon whether it makes sense or not
- More than 20% of people bicycle to work in some DC neighborhoods
- How the Navy, baseball, and government planners made Capitol Riverfront one of DC's hottest neighborhoods
- Modern Washingtonians have a mandate to remember black Georgetown
- Muriel Bowser announces eight sites for homeless shelters
- Walkers were left out in the cold after the blizzard
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 77