Downtown & Georgia Avenue Walmarts open for business
Walmart's foray into urban format stores officially begins today, with stores on H Street and Georgia Avenue opening for business. The H Street store marks the first time in 18 years DC has had two downtown department stores.
I stopped by the downtown store and snapped a few pictures.
Up on the store level, it looks like any other Walmart. Perhaps with slightly narrower aisles.
Outside, smaller stores will line H Street. A Starbucks and a Capital One bank branch will be first.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- This building is way too short
- Five bus lines everyone in DC should know, love, and use
- Petworth residents complained drivers are speeding. DC says it's true, but "acceptable."
- Chicago has examples of a cheap way to bring rail transit to more people: infill stations
- Here's where a protected bikeway could go on the east side of downtown
- DC Council chairman Phil Mendelson is blocking Mayor Bowser's zoning board nominee
- A dedicated bus lane and 30 other ways to improve bus service on 16th Street