Downtown & Georgia Avenue Walmarts open for business
Walmart's foray into urban format stores officially begins today, with stores on H Street and Georgia Avenue opening for business. The H Street store marks the first time in 18 years DC has had two downtown department stores.
I stopped by the downtown store and snapped a few pictures.
Up on the store level, it looks like any other Walmart. Perhaps with slightly narrower aisles.
Outside, smaller stores will line H Street. A Starbucks and a Capital One bank branch will be first.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- WMATA is considering scrapping the Metroway BRT
- Is our next president going to care about transit and street safety?
- Here's why it'd be wrong to shut down Metro east of the Anacostia River
- Metro's plan for late-night bus service isn't much of a plan
- Without more information, riders shouldn't accept Metro late night cuts
- Ten little cities near DC with awesome urbanism
- Marriott is moving its headquarters to downtown Bethesda so it can be in a denser place that's closer to transit