Downtown & Georgia Avenue Walmarts open for business
Walmart's foray into urban format stores officially begins today, with stores on H Street and Georgia Avenue opening for business. The H Street store marks the first time in 18 years DC has had two downtown department stores.
I stopped by the downtown store and snapped a few pictures.
Up on the store level, it looks like any other Walmart. Perhaps with slightly narrower aisles.
Outside, smaller stores will line H Street. A Starbucks and a Capital One bank branch will be first.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Federal board wants "dignified," dull Southwest Waterfront
- Baltimore's car-stuffed waterfront is poised to keep adding more cars
- By 2040, DC's population could be close to 900,000
- The Park Service wants to fix a dangerous spot near Roosevelt Island
- Another way to see the US: Map of where nobody lives
- How well do you know Metro? Can you guess the station?
- DC's 40-year out of date zoning code will get at least 6 months more stale