Downtown & Georgia Avenue Walmarts open for business
Walmart's foray into urban format stores officially begins today, with stores on H Street and Georgia Avenue opening for business. The H Street store marks the first time in 18 years DC has had two downtown department stores.
I stopped by the downtown store and snapped a few pictures.
Up on the store level, it looks like any other Walmart. Perhaps with slightly narrower aisles.
Outside, smaller stores will line H Street. A Starbucks and a Capital One bank branch will be first.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- It wouldn't cost much to make this Prince George's road safer for everyone
- You don't need a car to run a successful small business
- Think you know Metro's neighborhoods? This quiz might surprise you
- A bikeable suburban highway? One Ohio town pulled it off
- Topic of the week: Our favorite projects (from other places)
- Tax benefit changes and better options are hurting transit ridership
- Cities Skylines takes over SimCity's mantle as top city-builder