Streetcar arrives on H Street
On Friday night, DDOT crews moved the first streetcar to H Street.
The last time streetcars ran on DC streets was January, 1962, just shy of 52 years ago. But don't expect to catch a ride just yet. The streetcars must now undergo a series of on-street tests before passenger service can begin sometime in 2014.
Many city residents stopped by over the weekend to snap their own pictures. If you haven't had a chance yet, it's right there. You can go anytime.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Car-free housing could come to historic Blagden Alley
- The neighborhood where everybody "jaywalks"
- All the buildings and races of DC, Arlington & Alexandria on one map
- Bills in the Virginia General Assembly would hurt and help transit and cyclists
- What's the best way to protect a bikeway? How about a bikeshare station?
- See the world's subways evolve as time goes by
- Koch-funded groups: Cut all federal funding for walking, biking, transit