Streetcar arrives on H Street
On Friday night, DDOT crews moved the first streetcar to H Street.
The last time streetcars ran on DC streets was January, 1962, just shy of 52 years ago. But don't expect to catch a ride just yet. The streetcars must now undergo a series of on-street tests before passenger service can begin sometime in 2014.
Many city residents stopped by over the weekend to snap their own pictures. If you haven't had a chance yet, it's right there. You can go anytime.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 44
- Here's where Metro railcars go after they die
- WMATA needs to do better, says DC transportation head
- Cities Skylines takes over SimCity's mantle as top city-builder
- What it will take to get Metro out of crisis
- Check out these historic airline maps of Washington's airports
- A safer route to school is coming for Clarksburg kids and parents