Streetcar arrives on H Street
On Friday night, DDOT crews moved the first streetcar to H Street.
The last time streetcars ran on DC streets was January, 1962, just shy of 52 years ago. But don't expect to catch a ride just yet. The streetcars must now undergo a series of on-street tests before passenger service can begin sometime in 2014.
Many city residents stopped by over the weekend to snap their own pictures. If you haven't had a chance yet, it's right there. You can go anytime.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Adding 15-minute Circulator routes would dilute the Circulator brand
- Fun on Friday: Play the Mini Metro game
- Comparing Metrobus and Metrorail farebox recovery is apples and oranges
- For DC Council in Ward 1: Brianne Nadeau
- Metro FAQ: Why does Metro run express trains in one direction during single-tracking?
- Topic of the week: Walking in unexpected places
- Where will DC's next 200,000 residents go? The mayoral candidates weigh in