Vancouver's most joyful bike trail makes commuting fun
There's a common misconception in some circles that bicycling is merely for recreation, as opposed to a legitimate transportation mode. Of course that's wrong, cycling is often the most convenient way to get from point A to point B in a city. But why can't transportation facilities be fun too?
According to Vancouver, they can.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Federal board wants "dignified," dull Southwest Waterfront
- By 2040, DC's population could be close to 900,000
- The Park Service wants to fix a dangerous spot near Roosevelt Island
- Baltimore's car-stuffed waterfront is poised to keep adding more cars
- Dead ends: Euphemisms hide our true feelings about growth
- DC's 40-year out of date zoning code will get at least 6 months more stale
- Another way to see the US: Map of where nobody lives