Vancouver's most joyful bike trail makes commuting fun
There's a common misconception in some circles that bicycling is merely for recreation, as opposed to a legitimate transportation mode. Of course that's wrong, cycling is often the most convenient way to get from point A to point B in a city. But why can't transportation facilities be fun too?
According to Vancouver, they can.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- No bike racks? Just park it in the car lane
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 21
- Could traffic changes produce a new village square?
- This federal building is missing a corner. Here's why
- The biggest bikeshare station in each US city
- Why build protected bike lanes, in one happy quote
- How did Silver Spring get its boundaries? And how would you define them?