Vancouver's most joyful bike trail makes commuting fun
There's a common misconception in some circles that bicycling is merely for recreation, as opposed to a legitimate transportation mode. Of course that's wrong, cycling is often the most convenient way to get from point A to point B in a city. But why can't transportation facilities be fun too?
According to Vancouver, they can.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- More than 20% of people bicycle to work in some DC neighborhoods
- DC added record housing in 2015. That's slowing down price increases.
- Walkers were left out in the cold after the blizzard
- Nobody cleared the Mount Vernon Trail after Snowzilla. Future storms might be different.
- If students were cars, schools would have opened sooner
- Use this map to share your ideas for better east-west travel across DC
- DC is testing a way to curb stormwater pollution