Vancouver's most joyful bike trail makes commuting fun
There's a common misconception in some circles that bicycling is merely for recreation, as opposed to a legitimate transportation mode. Of course that's wrong, cycling is often the most convenient way to get from point A to point B in a city. But why can't transportation facilities be fun too?
According to Vancouver, they can.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Not just a phase: Young Americans won’t start motoring like their parents
- Many Silver Line riders make a long trek from Metro's eastern branches
- Sharrows tell drivers to share the road with cyclists, except when that road is a state highway
- Architects try to spruce up NoMA's underpasses
- Intelsat building gets a greener, but not more urban front
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- Muriel Bowser talks Metro, bikes, development, education, and more