Vancouver's most joyful bike trail makes commuting fun
There's a common misconception in some circles that bicycling is merely for recreation, as opposed to a legitimate transportation mode. Of course that's wrong, cycling is often the most convenient way to get from point A to point B in a city. But why can't transportation facilities be fun too?
According to Vancouver, they can.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- John Oliver explained DC statehood and it was brilliant
- Why isn't College Park a better college town?
- A senseless skirmish in Toronto is a welcome reminder to share street space
- Metro plans 20 Red Line trains per hour in rush, but really averages more like 17
- In Silver Spring, cutting travel lanes doesn't make traffic backups worse
- Making the Anacostia a place to have fun goes hand in hand with cleaning it up
- The voice on Chicago's trains has a little fun with riders