Merry Christmas to Metro: First 7000-series railcar is here
Last week, the first three of Metro's new 7000-series railcars arrived at the Greenbelt railyard.
A 4th car is scheduled to arrive next week, after which Metro will begin testing them. The bulk of the new railcars won't begin to arrive until several months later. Riders will begin to see them in service late in 2014.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- WhichWMATA week 19: On vacation
- Could rooftop apartments transform suburban retail?
- Baltimore plans to replace beach volleyball with a parking garage
- This could have been the Silver Spring Transit Center
- How do you get people excited about Bus Rapid Transit? Bring a bus to the county fair
- A cycletrack appears in Pentagon City
- With its new plaza, Tysons begins to feel urban