Merry Christmas to Metro: First 7000-series railcar is here
Last week, the first three of Metro's new 7000-series railcars arrived at the Greenbelt railyard.
A 4th car is scheduled to arrive next week, after which Metro will begin testing them. The bulk of the new railcars won't begin to arrive until several months later. Riders will begin to see them in service late in 2014.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Zoning: The hidden trillion dollar tax
- As DC has grown, so has its racial prosperity gap
- 8 ways to make it easier to walk around North Bethesda... or anywhere, really
- Pedestrian tunnels would not make DC's streets better for walking
- Why can't Metro label escalators "walk left, stand right" or label where doors will stop on the platform?
- When the Metro first arrived in Shaw and Columbia Heights, they were far different than they are today
- A DC law that was terribly unfair to cyclists and pedestrians will soon be a thing of the past. Let's thank the DC Council.