Merry Christmas to Metro: First 7000-series railcar is here
Last week, the first three of Metro's new 7000-series railcars arrived at the Greenbelt railyard.
A 4th car is scheduled to arrive next week, after which Metro will begin testing them. The bulk of the new railcars won't begin to arrive until several months later. Riders will begin to see them in service late in 2014.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- WMATA is considering scrapping the Metroway BRT
- Here's why it'd be wrong to shut down Metro east of the Anacostia River
- Is our next president going to care about transit and street safety?
- Metro's plan for late-night bus service isn't much of a plan
- Without more information, riders shouldn't accept Metro late night cuts
- Metro is proposing service cuts, again. Will riders ever see the benefits?
- Marriott is moving its headquarters to downtown Bethesda so it can be in a denser place that's closer to transit