Merry Christmas to Metro: First 7000-series railcar is here
Last week, the first three of Metro's new 7000-series railcars arrived at the Greenbelt railyard.
A 4th car is scheduled to arrive next week, after which Metro will begin testing them. The bulk of the new railcars won't begin to arrive until several months later. Riders will begin to see them in service late in 2014.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Fairfax's answer to neighbors' transit plans: Light rail, streetcars, and BRT
- The DC zoning update has already had triple the public input as the enormous 1958 zoning code. Enough is enough.
- Federal board wants "dignified," dull Southwest Waterfront
- MARC's chief engineer wants to allow bikes on some weekend trains
- Downtown DC could have been more like L'Enfant Plaza
- Today's problems were visible decades ago, but zoning has blocked solutions ever since
- Fruit stands abound within Paris Métro