Merry Christmas to Metro: First 7000-series railcar is here
Last week, the first three of Metro's new 7000-series railcars arrived at the Greenbelt railyard.
A 4th car is scheduled to arrive next week, after which Metro will begin testing them. The bulk of the new railcars won't begin to arrive until several months later. Riders will begin to see them in service late in 2014.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Topic of the week: Banning cycling on sidewalks
- A new bill would ban cycling or Segway riding on DC sidewalks next to bike lanes
- The 11th Street Bridge Park gets a brilliant design. Will it succeed?
- What would you call Loudoun's Metro stations?
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more
- After more crashes, DDOT pledges to remove Arkansas Avenue's rush hour lane
- Norfolk's light rail choice: Embrace the city, or follow the highway?