Merry Christmas to Metro: First 7000-series railcar is here
Last week, the first three of Metro's new 7000-series railcars arrived at the Greenbelt railyard.
A 4th car is scheduled to arrive next week, after which Metro will begin testing them. The bulk of the new railcars won't begin to arrive until several months later. Riders will begin to see them in service late in 2014.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Beyond Metro, there's no big idea for transit in DC anymore
- Maryland plans new station at BWI, and other projects to run more trains
- Incomes are rising in the District, but not for people born here
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 52
- Coast Guard employees are using the Anacostia Metro station in a weird way
- Canceling the Purple Line would cost more than it would save
- DC has an awesome city flag. Here’s why that matters