Join Chris Zimmerman for a live chat next Thursday
After 18 years in office, Chris Zimmerman will step down from the Arlington County Board in February. Next Thursday at noon, join him for a live, moderated conversation about his accomplishments in Arlington, where the county's headed, and his future role at Smart Growth America.
Zimmerman has been a defining leader in transportation and smart growth in our region, serving on the boards for VRE, WMATA, and the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance. He's departing at a crucial moment for Arlington as it moves forward with streetcar projects along Columbia Pike and in Crystal City.
We'll conduct the chat via Internet Relay Chat, or IRC. If you're already familiar with IRC, join us at irc.snoonet.org, channel #ggwdiscuss. If you don't have a client, you can use the web client by clicking here and picking a username.
During the chat, feel free to send me (perkinsms) your questions via private message like so:
/msg perkinsms <your question goes here>
What would you like to ask Chris Zimmerman? You can offer questions to ask before the discussion in the comments, or via email. Afterwards, we'll post the transcript. We'll see you next Thursday!
- The Metro plan has changed a lot since 1968
- Did Rush Plus depress Blue Line ridership?
- Shepherd Park neighbors tell car2go users to stay out
- Forget the Washington Monument; DC's tallest tower is actually in Ward 4
- Watch Metro grow from one short line in 1976 to the Silver Line today
- Montgomery and DC officials start talking about working together on transit
- Arlington's Court House parking lot will become a park