Join Chris Zimmerman for a live chat next Thursday
After 18 years in office, Chris Zimmerman will step down from the Arlington County Board in February. Next Thursday at noon, join him for a live, moderated conversation about his accomplishments in Arlington, where the county's headed, and his future role at Smart Growth America.
Zimmerman has been a defining leader in transportation and smart growth in our region, serving on the boards for VRE, WMATA, and the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance. He's departing at a crucial moment for Arlington as it moves forward with streetcar projects along Columbia Pike and in Crystal City.
We'll conduct the chat via Internet Relay Chat, or IRC. If you're already familiar with IRC, join us at irc.snoonet.org, channel #ggwdiscuss. If you don't have a client, you can use the web client by clicking here and picking a username.
During the chat, feel free to send me (perkinsms) your questions via private message like so:
/msg perkinsms <your question goes here>
What would you like to ask Chris Zimmerman? You can offer questions to ask before the discussion in the comments, or via email. Afterwards, we'll post the transcript. We'll see you next Thursday!
- 9 things people always say at zoning hearings, illustrated by cats
- The Northeast Corridor carries more rail passengers than anywhere else in the country. What could it look like in 2040?
- The National Zoo has clarified its safety concerns. Turns out you're the problem.
- Montgomery will go ahead with BRT, but at what cost?
- WMATA's new general manager is listening before he even takes the reins
- Zig zag road stripes can get drivers to pay more attention
- What if Montgomery County gave BRT a temporary test run?