Join Chris Zimmerman for a live chat next Thursday
After 18 years in office, Chris Zimmerman will step down from the Arlington County Board in February. Next Thursday at noon, join him for a live, moderated conversation about his accomplishments in Arlington, where the county's headed, and his future role at Smart Growth America.
Zimmerman has been a defining leader in transportation and smart growth in our region, serving on the boards for VRE, WMATA, and the Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance. He's departing at a crucial moment for Arlington as it moves forward with streetcar projects along Columbia Pike and in Crystal City.
We'll conduct the chat via Internet Relay Chat, or IRC. If you're already familiar with IRC, join us at irc.snoonet.org, channel #ggwdiscuss. If you don't have a client, you can use the web client by clicking here and picking a username.
During the chat, feel free to send me (perkinsms) your questions via private message like so:
/msg perkinsms <your question goes here>
What would you like to ask Chris Zimmerman? You can offer questions to ask before the discussion in the comments, or via email. Afterwards, we'll post the transcript. We'll see you next Thursday!
- Why isn't College Park a better college town?
- A senseless skirmish in Toronto is a welcome reminder to share street space
- Denver's beautiful Union Station mixes old and new
- In Silver Spring, cutting travel lanes doesn't make traffic backups worse
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 61
- People walking and biking will get a new connection from L'Enfant Plaza to the waterfront
- Making the Anacostia a place to have fun goes hand in hand with cleaning it up