Here's your last chance to speak out on DC's zoning update
Have you testified on DC's zoning update yet? The DC Zoning Commission is holding another round of public hearings in each ward to get feedback from voices across the city that have not been heard.
DC is working on a new zoning code for the first time in over half a century, a process that's already taken over 5 years. In what could be the last set of hearings, the commission will hold one hearing for ANC commissioners on January 30, followed by four additional ward-by-ward hearings restricted to only people and organizations that have not yet testified.
In light of this latest round of hearings, the Coalition for Smarter Growth has established an online sign-up center on its website to help people register to testify, and provide resources and information for those planning to testify. You can sign up at the bottom of this post.
Residents who wish to testify in person must do so at the meeting for the ward where they live. Here are the dates:
- Wards 1 & 2: Thursday, February 13 at 6:00 pm, DC Housing Finance Authority building, 815 Florida Ave. NW
- Wards 3 & 4: Tuesday, February 11 at 6:00 pm, Wilson High School Auditorium, 3950 Chesapeake St. NW
- Wards 5 & 6: Saturday, February 8 at 9:00 am, Dunbar High School Auditorium, 101 N St. NW
- Wards 7 & 8: Wednesday February 12th at 6:00 pm, Dept. of Employment Services, 4058 Minnesota Ave. NE
The hearings will be first come, first served, so the earlier you sign up, the higher up on the meeting agenda you'll be. Don't know which ward you live in? Look it up now at the DC Board of Elections.
- Congress gives itself more free parking than its own rules allow
- Without a streetcar, what's next for Columbia Pike, technically and politically?
- Montgomery throws more money at unneeded parking
- "Road Code" bill will make Montgomery County's urban streets more ped and bike friendly
- How well do you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 30
- ART keeps graduating to bigger and bigger buses
- To a pedestrian, a road's a tiny space with danger just beside