Shipping container restaurant opens on U Street
Shipping containers continue to proliferate as an affordable building material. The latest addition is a new restaurant near the corner of U Street and Vermont Avenue, NW, called El Rey taqueria.
In this case, El Rey owner Ian Hilton says it wasn't actually cheaper to build using shipping containers. But that could be due to El Rey's particular layout or needs. It's hard to know for sure.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- 15th Street cycletrack gets s*** on ... literally
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 25
- If Georgetown had a Metro station, it would be one of the system's busiest
- The region needs to hear the call to action on climate change
- How to sculpt a skyline: Arlington planners rethink Rosslyn
- Metro's Richard Sarles announces retirement
- More proof gas taxes don't pay for roads