Shipping container restaurant opens on U Street
Shipping containers continue to proliferate as an affordable building material. The latest addition is a new restaurant near the corner of U Street and Vermont Avenue, NW, called El Rey taqueria.
In this case, El Rey owner Ian Hilton says it wasn't actually cheaper to build using shipping containers. But that could be due to El Rey's particular layout or needs. It's hard to know for sure.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Is a gondola across the Potomac realistic? We're about to find out.
- What's wrong with this map of DC's social services?
- Not everyone agrees on where DC's Chinatown is
- In 1979, was your neighborhood "sound" or "distressed"?
- If Metrobus asked me to redesign its info brochures, I'd make them look like this
- The peculiar fight over density at the Bethesda Metro
- Trump claims to want to save our cities, but his and his party's policies would do the opposite