Mistakes on the road can have consequences. What if stupid bike/ped comments did too?
What if people who said ignorant things about walking and biking, like reflexively blaming victims, had to put themselves in the shoes of those they criticize? What if screwing up at the grocery checkout had the same consequences as not paying attention on the road?
Emily Purcell, a planning student in Milwaukee who previously lived in DC and still works on LEED for the US Green Building Council, imagines some of these in a comic on her site Irish Breakfast Time.
Which of these is your favorite?
- I don't care what some people say: DC has great transportation options.
- The biggest beneficiaries of housing subsidies? The wealthy.
- Clearly we need to have more happy hours in Prince George's
- Metro badly needs culture change, everyone agrees. Can it pull it off?
- How five local businesspeople would tackle gentrification on 14th Street
- VRE's map keeps getting more diagrammatic
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 90