Mistakes on the road can have consequences. What if stupid bike/ped comments did too?
What if people who said ignorant things about walking and biking, like reflexively blaming victims, had to put themselves in the shoes of those they criticize? What if screwing up at the grocery checkout had the same consequences as not paying attention on the road?
Emily Purcell, a planning student in Milwaukee who previously lived in DC and still works on LEED for the US Green Building Council, imagines some of these in a comic on her site Irish Breakfast Time.
Which of these is your favorite?
- Vision Zero won't be easy
- The Purple Line will likely beat ridership forecasts
- Ask GGW: How much pain will riders face while Metro replaces the Bethesda escalators?
- For DC Council: Elissa Silverman and Robert White
- Gas is suddenly cheap(er); the reason is bigger than you think
- Flowerpots create a safer pedestrian crossing from Gallaudet to Union Market
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more