Mistakes on the road can have consequences. What if stupid bike/ped comments did too?
What if people who said ignorant things about walking and biking, like reflexively blaming victims, had to put themselves in the shoes of those they criticize? What if screwing up at the grocery checkout had the same consequences as not paying attention on the road?
Emily Purcell, a planning student in Milwaukee who previously lived in DC and still works on LEED for the US Green Building Council, imagines some of these in a comic on her site Irish Breakfast Time.
Which of these is your favorite?
- Consumers say they like trains. Why don't economists care?
- To bike without worrying about nearby cars, I'm happy on the MBT
- Alexandria has identified locations for its next 16 bikeshare stations
- Transit to Wolf Trap will still run through West Falls Church
- There's history to behold on some of DC's manhole covers
- Smarter growth will expand Prince George's tax base
- The Washington region is the world's 77th largest urban area