Mistakes on the road can have consequences. What if stupid bike/ped comments did too?
What if people who said ignorant things about walking and biking, like reflexively blaming victims, had to put themselves in the shoes of those they criticize? What if screwing up at the grocery checkout had the same consequences as not paying attention on the road?
Emily Purcell, a planning student in Milwaukee who previously lived in DC and still works on LEED for the US Green Building Council, imagines some of these in a comic on her site Irish Breakfast Time.
Which of these is your favorite?
- Here's how DCís inclusionary zoning program works
- Some Metro trains are running more slowly than usual these days. Here's why.
- Copenhagen proves bikes can work in the suburbs
- Hey look, that flawed Texas A&M traffic study is back and grabbing the usual headlines
- Van Ness residents say their neighborhood isn't safe for walking
- The Silver Spring Transit Center will open soon. Here's how everything fits together.
- Businesses no longer want office parks, and that can mean more revenue for cities