Map: How much snow does it take to cancel school?
This map shows approximately how much snow it takes to cancel school in various parts of the United States.
On Reddit, the map's author explains the methodology:
[It's from a] combination of a /r/SampleSize survey, City-data.com threads, NOAA maps and some other local news sources.So while it may not be the most precise or reliable data, it's still an interesting general look at snow closure patterns around the country.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Topic of the week: Banning cycling on sidewalks
- A new bill would ban cycling or Segway riding on DC sidewalks next to bike lanes
- The 11th Street Bridge Park gets a brilliant design. Will it succeed?
- What would you call Loudoun's Metro stations?
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more
- After more crashes, DDOT pledges to remove Arkansas Avenue's rush hour lane
- Norfolk's light rail choice: Embrace the city, or follow the highway?
Fri Oct 24
9:00 am Urban agriculture symposium
Sat Oct 25
10:00 am Le Tour d’Alexandria Library
3:00 pm CSG tour: College Park
Mon Oct 27
5:30 pm Georgetown MUP speaker series
Tue Oct 28