Map: How much snow does it take to cancel school?
This map shows approximately how much snow it takes to cancel school in various parts of the United States.
On Reddit, the map's author explains the methodology:
[It's from a] combination of a /r/SampleSize survey, City-data.com threads, NOAA maps and some other local news sources.So while it may not be the most precise or reliable data, it's still an interesting general look at snow closure patterns around the country.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- This building is way too short
- Petworth residents complained drivers are speeding. DC says it's true, but "acceptable."
- Chicago has examples of a cheap way to bring rail transit to more people: infill stations
- Here's where a protected bikeway could go on the east side of downtown
- Metro wants to connect Farragut North and West with a tunnel
- A dedicated bus lane and 30 other ways to improve bus service on 16th Street
- NTSB recommends the federal government take over safety oversight of Metro