Map: How much snow does it take to cancel school?
This map shows approximately how much snow it takes to cancel school in various parts of the United States.
On Reddit, the map's author explains the methodology:
[It's from a] combination of a /r/SampleSize survey, City-data.com threads, NOAA maps and some other local news sources.So while it may not be the most precise or reliable data, it's still an interesting general look at snow closure patterns around the country.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- Where will DC's next 200,000 residents go? The mayoral candidates weigh in
- Comparing Metrobus and Metrorail farebox recovery is apples and oranges
- Fun on Friday: Play the Mini Metro game
- Topic of the week: Walking in unexpected places
- The Purple Line gets a boost from President Obama's budget
- Metro FAQ: Why does Metro run express trains in one direction during single-tracking?
- A bus lane for 16th Street? Which mayoral candidates agree?