Map: How much snow does it take to cancel school?
This map shows approximately how much snow it takes to cancel school in various parts of the United States.
On Reddit, the map's author explains the methodology:
[It's from a] combination of a /r/SampleSize survey, City-data.com threads, NOAA maps and some other local news sources.So while it may not be the most precise or reliable data, it's still an interesting general look at snow closure patterns around the country.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- The Washington region is the world's 77th largest urban area
- Montgomery backtracks on a sprawl-inducing highway
- A trade pact might change local land use decisions in a big way
- The Silver Line might change how you bus to Wolf Trap
- Map: When and where Metrorail fares come from
- Topic of the week: Suburban retrofits in our region
- Why did the pedestrian bridge collapse affect Metro so far away from Greenbelt?