Map: How much snow does it take to cancel school?
This map shows approximately how much snow it takes to cancel school in various parts of the United States.
On Reddit, the map's author explains the methodology:
[It's from a] combination of a /r/SampleSize survey, City-data.com threads, NOAA maps and some other local news sources.So while it may not be the most precise or reliable data, it's still an interesting general look at snow closure patterns around the country.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Baltimore's car-stuffed waterfront is poised to keep adding more cars
- By 2040, DC's population could be close to 900,000
- Another way to see the US: Map of where nobody lives
- How well do you know Metro? Can you guess the station?
- The Park Service wants to fix a dangerous spot near Roosevelt Island
- Three ways to build in Forest Glen without creating more traffic
- Curb-protected cycletracks are now appearing in DC
Fri Apr 18
Mon Apr 21
Tue Apr 22
Wed Apr 23
Thu Apr 24