Map: How much snow does it take to cancel school?
This map shows approximately how much snow it takes to cancel school in various parts of the United States.
On Reddit, the map's author explains the methodology:
[It's from a] combination of a /r/SampleSize survey, City-data.com threads, NOAA maps and some other local news sources.So while it may not be the most precise or reliable data, it's still an interesting general look at snow closure patterns around the country.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Zoning: The hidden trillion dollar tax
- As DC has grown, so has its racial prosperity gap
- Scarred by urban renewal, Silver Spring's Lyttonsville neighborhood gets a second chance
- Pedestrian tunnels would not make DC's streets better for walking
- 8 ways to make it easier to walk around North Bethesda... or anywhere, really
- Adams Morgan could get more housing and preserve its plaza, too. But it probably won't.
- Why can't Metro label escalators "walk left, stand right" or label where doors will stop on the platform?