Map: How much snow does it take to cancel school?
This map shows approximately how much snow it takes to cancel school in various parts of the United States.
On Reddit, the map's author explains the methodology:
[It's from a] combination of a /r/SampleSize survey, City-data.com threads, NOAA maps and some other local news sources.So while it may not be the most precise or reliable data, it's still an interesting general look at snow closure patterns around the country.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- A new bill would ban cycling or Segway riding on DC sidewalks next to bike lanes
- Topic of the week: Banning cycling on sidewalks
- After more crashes, DDOT pledges to remove Arkansas Avenue's rush hour lane
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more
- Norfolk's light rail choice: Embrace the city, or follow the highway?
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- A new neighborhood rises east of the river. Is it a sign of change, or more of the same?
Fri Oct 24
9:00 am Urban agriculture symposium
Sat Oct 25
3:00 pm CSG tour: College Park
Mon Oct 27
5:30 pm Georgetown MUP speaker series
Tue Oct 28