Everywhere you can get on intercity transit in America, in one map
This map, from the American Intercity Bus Riders Association, attempts to show all the major intercity transit routes in America. It includes Amtrak, Greyhound, and several other bus carriers.
It's probably impossible for this kind of map to be 100% accurate all the time. In all likelihood there are some missing links, and missing carriers. But it's still quite an impressive undertaking, and a useful tool to bookmark.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- What if Montgomery County gave BRT a temporary test run?
- Twenty-five gorgeous but non-famous US train stations
- Montgomery will go ahead with BRT, but at what cost?
- Zig zag road stripes can get drivers to pay more attention
- The Northeast Corridor carries more rail passengers than anywhere else in the country. What could it look like in 2040?
- WMATA's new general manager is listening before he even takes the reins
- The National Zoo has clarified its safety concerns. Turns out you're the problem.