Support us and you might get a Metro map hat
Have you become a Greater Greater Washington supporter yet to help us afford our new Associate Editor? Michael Perkins has offered to make a Metro map hat for the first person to give $250 or more.
Left: Another such Metro map hat on Veronica Davis. Right: The hat on a table. Photos by Veronica Davis.
Can you become a "Greatest supporter" by contributing $250 for a year or $25 a month? If you're the first one to do that after this post goes up, Michael will make you a hat to keep your head nice and warm! If you're not the first, or if you can only afford to give us a smaller amount, you still will get the very warm feeling of supporting a website that provides you with a lot of thoughtful content and an engaged community to discuss it every day. Thank you for your support!
- Topic of the week: Banning cycling on sidewalks
- A new bill would ban cycling or Segway riding on DC sidewalks next to bike lanes
- No, DC is not abandoning plans for most streetcar lines
- The 11th Street Bridge Park gets a brilliant design. Will it succeed?
- What would you call Loudoun's Metro stations?
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more
- A move to strengthen affordable housing runs into political obstacles