DDOT lays out its plans for new bikeways in 2014
It may be snowing today, but spring is approaching. With construction season therefore around the corner, DDOT has released its list of planned bike projects for 2014.
Most exciting, the highly anticipated M Street and 1st Street NE cycletracks are listed as "ready to go."
Also ready to go are contraflow bike lanes on G, F, and I Streets NE, and standard bike lanes on 13th Street NW, F Street NE, I Street SE, and New Hampshire Avenue NW.
Several other bike lane projects are still in planning, although it doesn't appear DDOT is actively moving any other cycletrack projects after M and 1st Street.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- WhichWMATA week 19: On vacation
- Baltimore plans to replace beach volleyball with a parking garage
- This could have been the Silver Spring Transit Center
- Could rooftop apartments transform suburban retail?
- A cycletrack appears in Pentagon City
- Michelle Rhee takes a break from education reform
- How do you get people excited about Bus Rapid Transit? Bring a bus to the county fair