DDOT lays out its plans for new bikeways in 2014
It may be snowing today, but spring is approaching. With construction season therefore around the corner, DDOT has released its list of planned bike projects for 2014.
Most exciting, the highly anticipated M Street and 1st Street NE cycletracks are listed as "ready to go."
Also ready to go are contraflow bike lanes on G, F, and I Streets NE, and standard bike lanes on 13th Street NW, F Street NE, I Street SE, and New Hampshire Avenue NW.
Several other bike lane projects are still in planning, although it doesn't appear DDOT is actively moving any other cycletrack projects after M and 1st Street.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Two maps that explain what DC might look like as a state
- Computers will start driving Red Line trains again
- The war on Dana Milbank's car
- Muriel Bowser calls for "Vision Zero," more equity, Metro investment, and new task forces for transportation
- Deregulate Uber, but require transparency
- Red paint keeps drivers out of San Francisco's bus lanes
- This traffic light convinced pedestrians to wait with dancing