DDOT lays out its plans for new bikeways in 2014
It may be snowing today, but spring is approaching. With construction season therefore around the corner, DDOT has released its list of planned bike projects for 2014.
Most exciting, the highly anticipated M Street and 1st Street NE cycletracks are listed as "ready to go."
Also ready to go are contraflow bike lanes on G, F, and I Streets NE, and standard bike lanes on 13th Street NW, F Street NE, I Street SE, and New Hampshire Avenue NW.
Several other bike lane projects are still in planning, although it doesn't appear DDOT is actively moving any other cycletrack projects after M and 1st Street.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- After the FBI moves, Pennsylvania Ave could be reborn
- 8 lessons about great transit I learned riding the Paris Métro
- Metro's new displays do a better job of sharing info
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 82
- Lisbon is a rail transit mecca
- 10 things my internship taught me about transportation in DC
- DC has few "parking craters" downtown. Here's why.