DDOT lays out its plans for new bikeways in 2014
It may be snowing today, but spring is approaching. With construction season therefore around the corner, DDOT has released its list of planned bike projects for 2014.
Most exciting, the highly anticipated M Street and 1st Street NE cycletracks are listed as "ready to go."
Also ready to go are contraflow bike lanes on G, F, and I Streets NE, and standard bike lanes on 13th Street NW, F Street NE, I Street SE, and New Hampshire Avenue NW.
Several other bike lane projects are still in planning, although it doesn't appear DDOT is actively moving any other cycletrack projects after M and 1st Street.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Vision Zero won't be easy
- For DC Council: Elissa Silverman and Robert White
- In Maryland and Virginia, vote to build transit
- First flowerpots, and now, a cycletrack
- The Purple Line will likely beat ridership forecasts
- Ask GGW: How much pain will riders face while Metro replaces the Bethesda escalators?
- Flowerpots create a safer pedestrian crossing from Gallaudet to Union Market