DC population grows more than any other local county
The US Census' newest county-level population estimates show that between 2012 and 2013, the District of Columbia added more residents than any other metro area county.
Loudoun County grew slightly faster by percentage. But even according to that measure, DC is second.
|District of Columbia||633,427||646,449||13,022||2.1|
|Prince George's (MD)||881,419||890,081||8,662||1.0|
|Prince William (VA)||430,100||438,580||8,480||2.0|
|Anne Arundel (MD)||550,175||555,743||5,568||1.0|
|Baltimore County (MD)||817,682||823,015||5,333||0.7|
|Baltimore City (MD)||622,417||622,104||-313||-0.1|
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- Where is Falls Church, exactly?
- In defense of "political theater" for Metro
- Is new housing, most of it for low-income residents, worth giving up an acre of park space?
- Are public spaces really public when not everybody can use them?
- National links: There are downsides to letting the Rust Belt shrink
- Events: Should I-66 get toll lanes inside the Beltway?
- Should a "historic gas station" keep new housing units from going up in Dupont?