We did it (thanks to you)!
Our first-ever reader drive is over, and we did it! Thanks to so many of you who contributed, we passed our goal for this reader drive and helped Greater Greater Washington on its road to sustainability.
We brought in $3,684 since the start of our matching challenge, which helped us get the entire $3,000 match and even go beyond. We've taken in over $15,000 for this reader drive.
That money alone isn't enough to cover our costs and pay for Shawn, but it gets us on solid ground for the moment along with money from CSG and myself. Plus, there's a lot more we'd like to do, like expanding our coverage to more communities around the region, or even just having staff to handle more of the day to day administration so I and the other volunteer editors can spend more time writing (I sent/will send out all of the supporter thank-yous myself, for example!)
So if you didn't contribute yet, please do now and it will continue to do a lot of good. The boxes reminding you to support us won't be at the bottom of each post, but there will still be a button on the sidebar you can always use, and we hope you will.
Plus, I'm always working on a whole pile of ideas for big and medium-sized projects we could do to advance the conversation around the shape of our communities, if only we had the resources for them. I'll post more in the near future about some of those, and meanwhile, if you have a line on people or organizations that might want to support community conversations, web tools akin to the Redistricting Game, organizing, and more, please get in touch.
Thank you so much for your support of Greater Greater Washington!
- Rent in our region is expensive. Does that mean it's unaffordable?
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 91
- The Obama administration says zoning is at the heart of some huge economic problems
- On Thursday, the WMATA board heard about why Metro keeps catching on fire. Then on Friday, Metro caught on fire.
- Adams Morgan could get more housing and preserve its plaza, too. But it probably won't.
- How Barcelona gets bicycling right
- Until someone cleans up this landfill, people are taking a shortcut. Can we make the shortcut better?