How well do you know Metro? Can you guess the station?
One of WMATA's design principles from the start was to have a uniform station design. That can sometimes make it hard to figure out which stop you're at. But there are subtle differences. Can you spot them?
A few weeks ago, I started posting one photo a day under the tag #whichWMATA on my Instagram account. We've decided to bring it to Greater Greater Washington. But instead of posting every day, we'll post once a week.
Can you guess where these photos were taken?
We'll hide the comments so that the early birds don't spoil the fun for the rest of you.
Update: Some people interpreted the instructions to say that all of the photos are from one station. They are not. You can guess the station for each of the five photos independently.
Update 2: The guessing is over and the answers are here. Check back next week for more photos to guess!
- The Metro plan has changed a lot since 1968
- Shepherd Park neighbors tell car2go users to stay out
- Forget the Washington Monument; DC's tallest tower is actually in Ward 4
- Did Rush Plus depress Blue Line ridership?
- Watch Metro grow from one short line in 1976 to the Silver Line today
- Do you know the station? It's whichWMATA week 15
- Montgomery and DC officials start talking about working together on transit