Tetris on the side of a skyscraper? Why not, it's the future
What does it look like when one of Philadelphia's most prominent skyscrapers becomes a giant Tetris game board?
It looks awesome, that's what.
Last Saturday, organizers for Philly Tech Week temporarily turned the 29-story Cira Centre into a huge game of Tetris. And it wasn't just for looks. Actual people played actual games, with the whole city looking on.
Meanwhile, construction is wrapping up on the DC region's new tallest skyscraper. Just sayin'.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
Did you enjoy this article? Greater Greater Washington is running a reader drive to raise funds so we can keep editing and publishing great articles every day. Please help us be sustainable by making a monthly, yearly, or one-time contribution today!
- DC added record housing in 2015. That's slowing down price increases.
- Nobody cleared the Mount Vernon Trail after Snowzilla. Future storms might be different.
- Baltimore's problem is sprawl, not a bad economy
- Use this map to share your ideas for better east-west travel across DC
- If students were cars, schools would have opened sooner
- DC is testing a way to curb stormwater pollution
- There's a "Washington" neighborhood in Milan, Italy