Tetris on the side of a skyscraper? Why not, it's the future
What does it look like when one of Philadelphia's most prominent skyscrapers becomes a giant Tetris game board?
It looks awesome, that's what.
Last Saturday, organizers for Philly Tech Week temporarily turned the 29-story Cira Centre into a huge game of Tetris. And it wasn't just for looks. Actual people played actual games, with the whole city looking on.
Meanwhile, construction is wrapping up on the DC region's new tallest skyscraper. Just sayin'.
Cross-posted at BeyondDC.
- A new bill would ban cycling or Segway riding on DC sidewalks next to bike lanes
- Topic of the week: Banning cycling on sidewalks
- After more crashes, DDOT pledges to remove Arkansas Avenue's rush hour lane
- David Catania on Metro, economic development, streetcars, affordable housing, bike lanes, building heights, and more
- Norfolk's light rail choice: Embrace the city, or follow the highway?
- Landover is not the place for the FBI
- A new neighborhood rises east of the river. Is it a sign of change, or more of the same?