Where are DC's streets the greenest?
Students at MIT recently created a map of greenery along DC streets by analyzing Google Street View images to approximate visible plant life for each street, using dots of varying sizes and opacities.
The You Are Here project will create 100 different maps for 100 different cities. Students are hoping to inspire social change and help individuals better understand the surrounding urban environments.
- Two maps that explain what DC might look like as a state
- Computers will start driving Red Line trains again
- The war on Dana Milbank's car
- Muriel Bowser calls for "Vision Zero," more equity, Metro investment, and new task forces for transportation
- Deregulate Uber, but require transparency
- Red paint keeps drivers out of San Francisco's bus lanes
- This traffic light convinced pedestrians to wait with dancing