Where are DC's streets the greenest?
Students at MIT recently created a map of greenery along DC streets by analyzing Google Street View images to approximate visible plant life for each street, using dots of varying sizes and opacities.
The You Are Here project will create 100 different maps for 100 different cities. Students are hoping to inspire social change and help individuals better understand the surrounding urban environments.
- The Washington region is the world's 77th largest urban area
- Montgomery backtracks on a sprawl-inducing highway
- A trade pact might change local land use decisions in a big way
- The Silver Line might change how you bus to Wolf Trap
- Topic of the week: Suburban retrofits in our region
- Map: When and where Metrorail fares come from
- Why did the pedestrian bridge collapse affect Metro so far away from Greenbelt?