Make cycling safer with protected intersections
Protected bike lanes, or cycletracks, are great for encouraging bicycling, but intersections often don't offer much protection for cyclists. Enter the protected intersection:
The design is based on Dutch designs that gives all parties more time to react to conflicts and makes intersections much safer for cyclists. The design is not standard in the US, but neither were protected bike lanes up until a few years ago. Which intersections around here do you think should get this treatment?
Thanks to reader Jeremy Frisch for the tip.
- We know where most of DC's population lives. Does Metro run through those places?
- Term limits are a terrible idea for Montgomery County
- WMATA is considering scrapping the Metroway BRT
- Proponents of term limits in Montgomery hope they'd mean more Republicans and less development. Both are unlikely.
- If car commercials were honest, this is what they'd look like
- Think you know Metro? It's whichWMATA week 93
- Our endorsements for ANC in Ward 6